PDA

View Full Version : Five Days in NYC...II

luvdiznee
08-22-2012, 07:45 AM
This is our only "early morning" that we must be up for. So we are up and out by 7:30. We just grabbed a bagel and juice from our complimentary breakfast. And proceed to get down to do our NBC Studio and Rockefeller Plaza tours. We had to pick up our tickets for the NBC tour and since we still had time, we went and picked up our tickets for the Rockefeller plaza and Top of the Rock. Top of the Rock was a site to see, it was almost surreal. I loved the way you could see Central Park from there! So after many picutres, we headed right that way, to Central Park. While it was a long walk to CP it was interesting to see all the stores and places (like Trump Tower). We stopped at Godiva had a white chocolate strawberry milkshake. We made it to CP but that was about it. We rested, took some pictures and people watched. They had an area set up that had amusement rides and people were just relaxing on the grass.

On our way from there, we stopped at Grand Central Terminal, had an awesome meal at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse. I had very tender sliced sirloin steak on salad, DD had very moist grilled salmon. Both were excellent! We then walked around the terminal for a bit then proceeded back towards "home". We did stop at Crumbs Bakery bought a red velvet cupcake for later, that turned out to be very good!

It was nice SEEING stores like Prada, Saks and other high end that you usually only may hear about.

Today we are going to 9/11 Memorial, Ellis Island and Battery Park.

Thanks for reading.

Katzateer
08-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Sounds like a great trip! How did you get the NBC tour set up? I am thinking about Top Of the Rock also.

Can't wait to hear about today's activities - I haven't gone to any of them yet.

NJGIRL
08-22-2012, 09:22 PM
I think Crumb's Bakery should be giving me a commission. :D It sounds like you are having a great time.

Tink#64
08-23-2012, 12:20 AM
We loved Top of The Rock too! I thought it was a way better choice than the ESB from all that I'd read about long waits in lines, the view, etc. And yes, the views are just awesome! This is so cool to read about your trip, we were there in June! I loved Central Park! Yeah, alot of walking - but so pretty & relaxing! And yes, Crumbs Bakery - oh my! Thanks to NJGIRL, we too had to sample their treats for ourselves! :tasty:

Can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup:

luvdiznee
08-24-2012, 07:14 AM
As far as booking the NBC tour, I just called their number, that I got off their website and booked it that way.

ESB did take a total of about 2 hours. That included getting tickets, their pre-shows, their skyride and then finally getting to the observation deck. Yes Central Park was relaxing and we needed it after going to FAO, which was righ across from it.

Besides going to Crumbs, it was also nice that we found a Junior's Cheesecake Bakery. I love their red velvet cheesecake!