PDA

View Full Version : T-Rex

disneynarula
08-22-2012, 03:09 AM
Has anyone eaten at T-Rex and enjoyed it? My DS will turn six a few days before we go on our trip and he wants to have dinner here for his party instead of a party at home.

I am sort of annoyed, but not surprised, that the prices on the menu at the Orlando resort are more expensive than their other location. Most selections are about $3 more per.

I can not get an ADR but will try calling the restaurant directly.

Strmchsr
08-22-2012, 07:41 AM
My boys always have a blast at TRex. The food isn't worth the price, but it's not bad either. Besides, you're going more for the experience than the food. I think your 6 year old will love it. I would request the ice cave or meteor shower room for him.

Anthony007
08-22-2012, 07:42 AM
This is on our list for our next trip, so I would be grateful for some reviews as well.

Lindsey310
08-22-2012, 08:27 AM
We love T-Rex. No worries about getting an ADR, we have never had one either. We get there right around 4:30/5 and are seated relatively quickly every time. I think the longest we waited was around 10 minutes. Great atmosphere, food is good too. We did the bruschetta appetizer with ribs for dinner. :eat:

7 days!!!! :joy:

disneymom15
08-22-2012, 10:45 AM
We love T-Rex. No worries about getting an ADR, we have never had one either. We get there right around 4:30/5 and are seated relatively quickly every time. I think the longest we waited was around 10 minutes. Great atmosphere, food is good too. We did the bruschetta appetizer with ribs for dinner. :eat:

7 days!!!! :joy:

Totally agree. Just be aware, It can get very loud inside. We've never needed an ADR either.

TinkerbellT421
08-22-2012, 10:52 AM
We have never needed an ADR for T-Rex, Rainforest Cafe' type places. It is no different than Rainforest Cafe' except it's with Dinosaurs. If you have eaten at Rainforest than except the same exact thing except again, with Dinosaurs. It's loud, but fun and enjoyable. And like Stormchaser said, the food isn't really worth the money but you are more than likely paying for atmosphere anyway than you are food quality. :mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
08-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Let me help with the prices. Sign up for the Landry's Select Club card which is $25 at any of their locations (Rainforest, TREX, Bubba Gumps, Yak and Yeti, and dozens more). You automatically get $25 credit put back on the card and then you get $25 on your birthday and everytime you spend $250 you get another $25 put on the card. So basically it is a 10% discount card that costs nothing and gives you some extra money at TREX or any other Landry's location. You also save on merchandise and they occasionally run specials. Just a thought to help you with paying less at TREX. Just make sure you get the card prior to going to WDW so you can build up your credit.:thumbsup:

stephicakes
08-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Our experience has been the same as others. We have eaten there twice and both times we did not have reservations but never waited for too long. My daughter "built" a stuffed dino both times we went so that killed some time - both before being seated and after ordering. She really enjoyed that! Food was pretty good and the atmosphere is great. As stated before it can get pretty loud in there due to the sound effects but it didn't bother us - that is more less what you are paying for. It's a little pricey but that's what we expect while on vaca.

Enjoy!! :eat: