PDA

View Full Version : quick reviews since arriving last nite

Crow
08-21-2012, 05:05 PM
got to POP at nite, walked to AOA food court to try the Surf & Surf burger. not bad esp w 20% off TIW discount. like the layout of the food court better than Pop. almost tried the Naan bread meal
.. went to POP shortly after 11 to get a pixxa...along w everyone else since that was the only station open at that time..it was almost midnite when we got the pixxa..food court is run down. signs on soda dispensers are worn, the little trash cans on the counter there were filled, soda wasnt as cold as AOA. there was a supervisor standing in the middle of the floor watching the registers for most of the time....and the cashier i went to i think i remembered from a a few yrs ago and she still wasnt happy. and was from PA not far from me. i used TIW and wanted to charge it to room, she said i was over my $500...really i just got it that night and didnt charge anything to rm yet...
they need to think about having another station open later. beer is close to $6 a bottle.
Tuesday went to MK and tried Liberty Tree for lunch, cheeseburger not bad. it was my first time there. idk if id go there again but at least ive tried it
and shortly heading to Epcot for TD:thumbsup:sushi and sake...

beksy
08-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the report! I hope you enjoy TD...I've read that its a favorite of yours I believe :thumbsup: Sounds like the trip is off to a good start...I'm kind of worried about the food court situation at Pop though. I'll be staying there in a few months so please let us know if it gets better. :mickey:

SBETigg
08-21-2012, 05:39 PM
So far, so good. Well, run down food court not so good. But, you're there and I wish I were, too, so that's awesome for you. :thumbsup:

AllDisney
08-21-2012, 05:48 PM
It's like everything else in the world....POP needs, perhaps, some TLC:secret:

January-2007
08-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the reviews.

Crow
08-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Tokyo awesome..it was busy cause Epcot had EMH tonite and i arrived early..but the service was awesome as always. sake..had a combo w shrimp, chicken, pork coated in panko, came w their version of pickles, udon noodles, soup. the server was very nice. i spoke to mgr to compliment her.
went to POP food court to refill mug around 1130, not as busy tonite..idk if i will eat there again though. ill keep u updated.
nothing booked for tomorrow, so may try Sweet tomatoes or someplace offsite

disneynarula
08-22-2012, 02:46 AM
I just hope that overflow from Pop does not cause overcrowding at the AoA Food Court.

Lindsey310
08-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Yikes pop seems like it's showing age, we will be there in 7 short days!! Keep us updated!! :mickey:

Crow
08-22-2012, 05:40 PM
grabbed a cookie and filled my mug this morning around 10 and was suprised at how many people were still in there...not packed but. seemed a little cleaner. the cookie was still over $2 w my TIW 20% . idk if i will eat there anymore or not this trip.
But did have a late lunch today at Sweet tomatoes at the Crossroads. used a buy one get one half coupon so 2 meals w beverage around $20. they had a decent salad bar, then u pay, then u to to the soup, beverage, baked potato, bread, a few hot things like pasta and desert area. the person cleaning tables was really nice and offered mugs for coffee (which was better than Nescafe disney food court) they had 3 kinds of coffee, teas, soda, lemonade. not for meat lovers as there wasnt anything in that regard but i thought it was decent.

beksy
08-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated :mickey:

Do you know how late you can refill your mug at POP's food court? We often get back to the resort late so I'm curious...Thanks!

Crow
08-24-2012, 05:37 PM
you can fill mug til midnite, they only have 1 beverage station open at that point..