PDA

View Full Version : CSR or CR?

minnie-mouse
08-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Which would you choose? We love the location of CR (garden wing rm because of $) but CSR theming is really appealing. We plan to spend a lot of time at MK but will also have rental car to go wherever. We are not sure which would be better for us. Any suggestions?

Jen C.
08-21-2012, 11:15 PM
I would definitely stay CR, especially if you will be spending the majority of time at MK. Driving to MK is a royal pain, as you have to park, take the shuttle from the parking lot to the TTC, then jump the monorail to the MK entrance. A huge pain in my opinion. Also, you could take a 15 minute walk to MK.

So, CR gets my vote! ;)

faline
08-22-2012, 07:33 AM
I would also choose the Contemporary Resort! I love the location!!

Lindsey310
08-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Contemporary :thumbsup:

7 days!!! :joy:

AgentC
08-22-2012, 01:01 PM
I have stayed at both of the resorts though at the Contemporary I have only done the Tower. They are both really different and it depends on what is most important to you.

If visiting MK easily is most important, CR is the clear winner. Between the monorail and the walking path, you have very easy access. I like to stay there when we go to the parties because it is so easy to walk back and forth. MK is my least favorite park to go to by car since you have to take the ferry or the monorail from the TTC.

CR has very modern rooms. I like them except for the flat square sink in the bathroom. The grounds are not very lush though the beach area and the view of Bay Lake are lovely. You also have the bonus of being able to see the fireworks. The pool is fine but nothing exciting. For me, I don't find CR to a be a resort that like to just "hang out" at. It is a little too stark and not as "warm" as many of the other resorts. I stay here for convenience and the beautiful rooms.

CSR is a beautiful resort with three distinct sections with very different looks. The lake is beautiful and there are many hammock along the sand to enjoy. The landscaping is lusher than CR filled with courtyards and fountains. I am not a big fan but most people really enjoy the Pepper Market quick service.

CSR is a moderate. Even though it is an upscale moderate because of the convention area, you still have smaller rooms and outside entrances.
I think CSR has the better pool. It has a great theme and has a great slide.

Either resort is wonderful. Have a great time.

minnie-mouse
08-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks everyone! Yes, I have stayed at CR tower and wing room many years ago, but DH has not. He loves the convenience of coming back to room in mid-day to relax via monorail, and not having to get monorail to tram to car, etc., plus we will have DDs 6&9 in tow. I prefer nicer theming, pool, landscaping, etc. I think if we stayed at CR we would probably spend a lot of time at Poly (our fave, can't afford it this time), as I love the beach there.

We have never tried CSR but want to as it looks so nice. I think the only way we can stay at CR is with room discount anyhow.

Tigerinvestigator
08-22-2012, 03:55 PM
If given the choice I would always choose the CR. We honeymooned there in 2005, and I have stayed there many times since 1973. I like CSR and it is very well themed but I would never consider staying there over the CR. Transportation alone would be a big factor. I have always though CSR transportation is very slow because it has to go all the way around the resort. Also it is very spread out compared to the CR and you will do alot of walking. The added bonus of being able to walk to and from the MK at the CR is also something to consider not to mention getting to ride the monorail. If you can afford it go with the CR!:thumbsup:

mydisneygirls
08-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Have you every stayed at WL? I think you (and the kids) would like it much better than the CR. It is our second favorite resort...Poly being the first but can't afford it anymore either. It has very easy access to/from MK (5 min boat ride). You might be as pleasantly surprised at this resort as we were. We are staying there again next month and can't wait. And even though this is a Deluxe resort, the price is lower than the others on the monorail.

goofy-4-disney
08-23-2012, 02:08 PM
To me its not even a choice, i'd go with CR. I've stayed at CSR once, and didnt care for it.