PDA

View Full Version : Got Christmas reservation for Be Our Guest!

WRWDisney
08-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Title says it all. Had the speed dial ready this morning at 7am and got the 6:30 reservation for 10 on Christmas for Be Our Guest.:mickey:

Figure, since this is only 19 days from the opening, that this will be a prized reservation.

Now just have to wait four months.

disneymom2000
08-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Been trying since 6 and have only gotten a busy signal. Have now tried over 350 times to redial on speed dial and still can't get in.:(:cry::cry::cry:

Now am upto 367 times still no answer

ElenitaB
08-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Congrats!

I've also been trying (for just our regular ADRs as I have one to cancel and also want to reserve at Tusker House which doesn't seem to have released its inventory to the online system as has been reported by several INTERCOTees) since 7:00 a.m. and either get a busy signal or the phone answers but the automatic system doesn't kick in.

In twelve years of making WDW dining reservations, I've never seen anything like this! (My Lord... I feel like an old codger :old: when I say that! :blush: )

Melanie
08-20-2012, 08:17 AM
You are one of the lucky ones!! :thumbsup:

Like Ellen and disneymom have stated, it's rough going for those trying to get through this morning. Seeing lots of frustrated tweets. But remember, it's not the CMs fault, so please be kind. :)

sonamae80
08-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Add me to the list of those who are still getting a busy signal! I've been trying at least 3 times per minute since 7:00 am. I'm not giving up hope though! :D :mickey:

natstroop
08-20-2012, 09:40 AM
I just tried about 20 times and got through...but unfortunately, the day I wanted (Dec 5th) was completely booked. So were the next two days. :( I guess I'll have to keep trying up until my trip.

disneymom2000
08-20-2012, 09:58 AM
So discouraging. I am still getting busy signals at my 3 hours mark. I am sure everything will be gone by the time I even get through.:(

IamBelle
08-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Congrats! That sounds like it will be a great time! I can't wait to try this new restaurant, the menu looks fantastic.

Kplaster
08-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Just got my reservations to AHHH Dec 16 come fast!!!!

disneymom2000
08-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Crying harder now since I am at 3 1/2 hours trying to get in and still getting busy signals. :(

TinkerbellT421
08-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Crying harder now since I am at 3 1/2 hours trying to get in and still getting busy signals. :(

Try redialing the number instead of hitting redial. I usually do that. I will hit redial about 6 times and then redial the number. It's the OCD in me but works every time :mickey:

sonamae80
08-20-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm finally through and on hold to speak to an agent!! Fingers crossed that the day/time I need is available!!!

TinkerbellT421
08-20-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm finally through and on hold to speak to an agent!! Fingers crossed that the day/time I need is available!!!

:magic::fingers:

disneymom2000
08-20-2012, 10:43 AM

As you have been trying to get through as long as I have - I hope your time is available. I am still getting busy signals. :fingers:

Gator
08-20-2012, 10:43 AM
I wonder if by the time I get through there'll be anything left. With all these ressies for 8 and 10, I'll be begging for scraps from Beast's table. Stupid Disney Dining.

Anthony007
08-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Don't know if you can blame Disney dining, new places are always popular.

I feel bad for the person trying to make their 180 day ressie not at Be Our Guest.

disneymom2000
08-20-2012, 11:05 AM
I feel bad for the person trying to make their 180 day ressie not at Be Our Guest.

I so agree - but at least they can try and use the online process to get away from the busy signals. By the time they put this restaurant online in a couple of days - everything will be taken within the 180 day period.

FriendsofMickey
08-20-2012, 11:05 AM
I was able to get through and make ressies for Nov 24. I used the automated system (no person).

It gave me a reservation number, but did not take my credit card. I was concerned. However, I was able to pull it up on my reservations.

:mickey:

sonamae80
08-20-2012, 11:06 AM
As you have been trying to get through as long as I have - I hope your time is available. I am still getting busy signals. :fingers:

:cry: My dates were not available! :cry:

I'm so bummed!

Melanie
08-20-2012, 11:17 AM
I had no idea until today that the WDW-DINE line used an automated system. :confused: I've been doing my ADRs online or on the mobile site for so long. Do you get email confirmation when you book with the automated line?

RedSoxFan
08-20-2012, 11:26 AM
I had an automated caller this morning too and they did not take my credit card. They gave me a ADR #. I checked on line for my dining reservations and it was there. Strange that they didn't ask for it. My sister spent 30 minutes on the phone this morning and 4pm ADR's for New Years Eve.

disneymom2000
08-20-2012, 11:29 AM
At my four hour mark, I finally got through and there is absolutely nothing left for a party of two from Dec 12 to the 14th. The lady was very kind and stated I still had a chance if someone cancels. Ha What are the chances of that? No one cancels their normal reservations. I highly doubt they will choose not to go here if they have a reservation in hand. I was so looking forward to celebrating my god-daughter's 13th birthday here. Good luck to those of you who haven't given up yet. My fingers are crossed that you can get a time that works well for you. Pixie Dust :magic:

disney0575
08-20-2012, 11:57 AM
I waited on hold for 2.5 hours to find out they are booked solid for the entire week of our vacation (11/25 - 12/2). I guess a girl can only hope for cancellations in the future!!!!

DisneyCrazy
08-20-2012, 12:00 PM
It gave me a reservation number, but did not take my credit card. I was concerned. However, I was able to pull it up on my reservations.

:mickey:

Other Disney fan sites are reporting that if you don't have a credit card attached to your BOG reservation that it will auto cancel when disney dining closes tonight. You need to call back and have a CM add a credit card!

Gator
08-20-2012, 02:56 PM
I waited on hold for 2.5 hours to find out they are booked solid for the entire week of our vacation (11/25 - 12/2). I guess a girl can only hope for cancellations in the future!!!!

You're kidding me! That's inside the dates for my vacation. I've been trying to get through, but there's just no hope. NO HOPE.

ElenitaB
08-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Please note that Nanc1 from Magical Journeys has posted that if you made your ADR through the automated system, that you have to call and attach a credit card to your reservation. For those of you who didn't manage to get their reservation, you may just have hope because I imagine that a lot of people will not know that they need to call again.

EeyoresBestFriend
08-20-2012, 09:53 PM

I've been thinking that myself! :jaw:

Thank goodness I was able to make the last of my ressies on Friday . . . . .:woohoo:

FriendsofMickey
08-21-2012, 08:58 AM
I just called Disney about my reservations and I was told that around 3:00 PM yesterday they decided that it would not drop your ressies if made on the automated system and did not have a credit card attached.

She also said she could not pull up my ressie to add the credit card. She was willing to pull it up to verify, but she stated she could not add the credit card.

That said, she said that she had just had a person call and she was actually able to find a Thanksgiving week ressie for the person So for those who couldn't get your week/day, keep trying you never know.

DisnIse
08-21-2012, 10:02 AM
I was able to get New Year's Day! I tried for December 26 - 30th before I was finally able to get availability at 4:05pm.

And it was only a 10 minute phone call on Tuesdsay at 9am Central Time!

ElenitaB
08-21-2012, 02:19 PM
If you can't make a dinner reservation, the good thing is that the venue will also be open for lunch as a CS and the menu looks pretty interesting for both meals. So you won't be totally "not their guests."

ElenitaB
08-21-2012, 09:12 PM
That actually was me as well. Our 180-day window opened up yesterday. I got up bright and early, and started calling for BOG at 7:00 with no luck until much, much later. The rest of our ADRs I did online. I was actually rather happy that everyone else's attention was focused on BOG, as I was able to finally get 'Ohana for dinner after having been shut out our previous trip. ;)