PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Beach v Typhoon Lagoon

Goofy0101
08-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Hey everyone,

My family is currently at WDW and have an extra day to go to a water park! We have never been to either; which one is better to do?

faline
08-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Both are enjoyable. Personally, I prefer Typhoon Lagoon. The wave pool is lots of fun!

PlutoPlanet
08-20-2012, 12:48 PM
If the kids are between 5 and 12, I'd recommend Blizzard Beach. The Ski Patrol area is great for kids in that age range.

Lindsey310
08-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Tough call. Both are great. Haven't been to Typhoon Lagoon in a few years. But I hear the new Water coaster is great! I really love blizzard beach though! Have a great time! :mickey:

joonyer
08-21-2012, 12:08 AM
They are both great. My favorite two "slide rides" are Teamboat Springs (big, long, long long family raft ride) at BB and Crush 'n Gusher at TL. So we have to visit both parks on every WDW trip. And TL also has the big wave pool (awesome) but BB has the giant, tall Summit Plummet (also awesome) and on it goes. Like I said, They're both great.

disneynarula
08-21-2012, 02:24 AM
We are trying to decide the same thing our DSs are 6 and 8 and our DD is almost 3. We have the Water Parks and More option. Maybe we will try and squeeze them both in.

Gator
09-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Summit Plummet makes all the difference. It's Blizzard Beach for me! Plus, they have those yummy donut holes with cinnamon sugar - that's a real plus.:D

MargaretMessler
09-01-2012, 04:02 PM
The wave pool and lazy river at TL are better. The slides at BB are better. So it depends on your preference. Overall, I like TL better even though I do love water slides.

And yes, the water coaster at TL is lots of fun!

Tigerinvestigator
09-04-2012, 11:00 AM
We really liked both. I think we all agreed that Typhoon Lagoon was more relaxing and tropical. The Shark Reef is just amazing, and the wave pool is incredible. So I would give the edge to TL, but Blizzard Beach is alot of fun, especially Summit Plummit and the family raft ride.:thumbsup:

Elias1901
09-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Tough call here. I think I'd choose Blizzard Beach if you are more into water playgrounds and slides. If not, then Typhoon Lagoon has more of a relaxed atmosphere. Well, except for the wave pool and the few slides they have there - those are wild! Either way, both are awesome and equally enjoyable in their own fun ways!