PDA

View Full Version : Coffee at Food Courts

Kairi_7378
08-19-2012, 07:52 AM
I know that Starbucks coffee is being served in the parks now. Is Starbucks being served at the resort food courts too? Just realized that the DDP now includes a refillable mug. If they aren't serving Nescafe, I think I might just use that rather than trying to figure out what to do about the new pod filter machines in the rooms. (Photo in this thread, courtesy of Melanie)

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=192109&highlight=coffee

brownie
08-19-2012, 09:17 AM
No Starbucks at the food courts. Starbucks locations will be coming to the parks, though the only location so far is the Starbucks at California Adventure.

E-OR
08-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Did they change the coffee makers in the rooms. We usually take our own filters, coffee, bottled water, and creamer. Don't know what the coffee pod machines are?

Lindsey310
08-19-2012, 11:19 AM
When we were there in December, it was that nescafe **** :ack:

Will let you know when we go down in a few days:mickey: sure do hope they have made the switch bc I can't stand that other coffee, if you can even call it coffee. Dunkin donuts, honeydew, or Starbucks is king in RI!

10 days and I am thrilled :joy:

Kairi_7378
08-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Did they change the coffee makers in the rooms. We usually take our own filters, coffee, bottled water, and creamer. Don't know what the coffee pod machines are?

There are two photos in the link in my original post that show what the current coffee machines are.

Crow
08-19-2012, 03:59 PM
ill b arriving tomorrow nite to POP but as far as i know its Nescafe...:sick:so in my mug ill have to either get creamer or just drink soda in the morning..ugh

Crow
08-21-2012, 05:10 PM
yea i had some this morning...i put a lot of creamer in, which i usually dont do..didnt drink it all

Kairi_7378
08-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks for updating this during your trip. I'm sorry that your coffee wasn't good, though :(

Mrs Bus Driver
08-22-2012, 09:48 PM
I always just bring my own coffee. Can't drink Nescafe :ack:

Crow
08-23-2012, 09:55 AM
i might try to drink a little today again...the alternate is diet soda for a little caffeine. or pay for coffee somewhere else which kind of defeats the purpose of refillable mug

joonyer
08-23-2012, 03:25 PM
About the best thing I can say about the Nescafe is that it "looks" like coffee. I just as soon drink warm water. :ack:

big blue and hairy
08-23-2012, 06:17 PM
Not that I am defending Nescafe, it's bad, bad another very big part of the problem is the way it is made. You notice I said made, not brewed. It ain't brewed. It is what I call the sludge-o-matic. A black tar-looking substance, is mixed with hot water and, viola, extremely nasty coffee!!

DW and I had the pleasure of staying at Polynesian concierge and the the Nescafe there is actually brewed. It's not great, but it's a lot better than the sludge-o-matic.

BTW, last I knew Burger King also used this system, which, if you've [B]had[B] their coffee, explains a lot.

:sulley:

BIGDOG
08-24-2012, 12:17 PM
To me personally the quality of my coffee intake is important. It really makes or brakes my entire day, hot coffee during the AM and Iced coffee during the rest of the day.

I am just so baffled that a place like Disney that does a outstanding job on the variety and quality of the food that they serve.

Why would they serve such a low grade coffee in the resorts and parks?

There is only 2 places I recommend for coffee
1. EPCOT - Coffee stand outside Universe of energy.
2. THE POLY - kONA cAFE - Kona Blend Coffee

If anyone knows of a secrect spot in the world that serves up a good cup of coffee

Roger's #1 Fan
08-24-2012, 03:00 PM
At AoA they have a separate coffee bar for iced coffee, expresso, cappuccino and lates. I'm assuming they can also make "regular" coffee.

Since we had the resort mugs I was willing to deal with the Nescafe. I can't imagine what they are getting for the good stuff.

disneymomma2010
08-25-2012, 08:54 PM
So when will starbucks be at wdw? I will be there next week and I thought they would've had it already.

brownie
08-25-2012, 09:49 PM
So when will starbucks be at wdw? I will be there next week and I thought they would've had it already.

They've made no announcement for a specific date for Starbucks at Walt Disney World, only that they'll be opening Starbucks locations in the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom.

There was no mention of Starbucks coffee being made available beyond the theme park locations.

Hull-onian
08-26-2012, 07:23 AM
Where is Dunkin Donuts when you need it???? America Runs on Dunkin...........:mcoffee:

MNNHFLTX
08-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Does anyone know for sure that Nescafe is still the coffee in the rooms? When I was there in May, the pods were labelled as Cuisinart "pure Arabica" and were actually pretty good, IMO (this from someone who does not drink coffee all the time anymore).

sorarail
08-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Hot and iced teas are available for those needing caffeine fixes who don't like the coffee. And tea is better for you than soda.:thumbsup:

BrerGnat
08-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Where is Dunkin Donuts when you need it???? America Runs on Dunkin...........:mcoffee:

At the Hess stations on property!!!

They are now serving Dunkin Coffee AND Donuts! DH got a cup of coffee on Saturday before we started our road trip back home. :D

BrerGnat
08-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Does anyone know for sure that Nescafe is still the coffee in the rooms? When I was there in May, the pods were labelled as Cuisinart "pure Arabica" and were actually pretty good, IMO (this from someone who does not drink coffee all the time anymore).

The Art of Animation had the CUISINART 100% Arabica coffee pods in the room. It was good, too! Just try to steal some real creamer from the food courts, as the powdered creamer is worthless.

The only resorts that have IN ROOM Starbucks coffee are the Swan and Dolphin. We stayed at the Swan last week as well and had Starbucks coffee in room.