PDA

View Full Version : Question About Online Checkin

Luv4WDW
08-18-2012, 11:42 AM
We have never done this. In my adult years we have always stayed club level at the GF. This trip we are staying in a standard room at the BWI for two nights followed by 4 nights club level at the GF. First, if you do online check in does this decrease your chance of getting an upgrade? I'm totally not even thinking about getting one, but just curious. Secondly, what are your opinions about doing online check in at a resort you've never stayed at before? Thirdly, can you do online checkin no matter if you're staying club level or not? We leave in less than 2 days! :cloud9:

BelleBeauty
08-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Personally I thought online check in was a waste. When we did it in November our line was longer than normal check in. We had not gotten the room location we wanted so we needed someone to assist us anyway. We did get upgraded to a king room though.

Gator
08-18-2012, 02:58 PM
I've never done online check-in. I rarely get into a long line in the basic check-in line, but that may because we fly from across the country and don't get in until the evening.

Imalismom
08-18-2012, 03:02 PM
The last two times I have stayed at WDW (May 2012 - WL and August 2012 - YC), I have used online check in (even for club level). I love it - when I get there, I have NO paperwork to fill out and am handed my keys and the normal check in stuff you get (park times, etc). The first time, I wanted a very specific room (In May 2012, I wanted one of the newly renovated rooms that were opening up on the day we checked in). I had to wait an incredible long time to get my room (my choice, not WL choice - as they had a room I could have gone right into), but it was so well worth the wait!

Even with the wait, I had no paperwork to sign, etc.

I don't know about upgrades, but I personally think that if you were going to be given an upgrade, that WDW would give it to the ones who did online check in...

I would say do the online check in :thumbsup:

disneykid99
08-18-2012, 05:41 PM
We did online check in two years ago at Pop. We did not have to worry about anything and were given the room we asked for. It was really fast!

Lindsey310
08-18-2012, 08:27 PM
I like online check in. One less line to wait in at WDW. :thumbsup: Plus it gets me really excited for the upcoming trip :yay: I feel like the value resorts like pop and all star are always busy so the online check in line is always shorter. Plus most people (like the first timers we are going with) do not have an online account, preventing them from checking in online. I like it :mickey:

11 days!!! :yay:

Crow
08-21-2012, 05:12 PM
i did it and arrived last night. waited a few min not long and they had a packet waiting, got a room in 50s like i requested, although its not the best rm ive had in that area, first level wo a view

Itchy
08-21-2012, 05:56 PM
I personally like on line check in and will be doing it in two more days.

They ussally have a room ready for you when you check in.

mom2morgan
08-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Can someone tell me how to access online check in? I arrive at Disney on Sept 15th ...will I still be receiving some sort of documents in the mail? Does it tell me how to do online check in? Help, I'm confused! ;-)

brownie
08-22-2012, 08:09 AM
Can someone tell me how to access online check in? I arrive at Disney on Sept 15th ...will I still be receiving some sort of documents in the mail? Does it tell me how to do online check in? Help, I'm confused! ;-)

You don't receive documents for online check-in. You can access online check-in here: http://www.mydisneyreservation.com/guest.

If you have a disney.com account, you can login on the Walt Disney World page and import your reservations. A link for online check-in will display with your reservation when you are able to check-in online.

E-OR
08-22-2012, 01:15 PM
I did on line check in in May at Pop, got a great room, good location with no problems. I checked in this morning for our 9/1 - 6 stay at Pop. When I went to submit, would not take my requests. Message came up to call. I did and she fixed my request. The person I talked to could not figure out why it did not take the request the first time. I like the on line check in. Makes it an easy check in when we arrive.

mom2morgan
08-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Thank you Brownie! I think I'll try this because we are arriving after supper. I've found in the past that when we arrive late we tend to get a less desireable room - maybe online will help with that!

KODABEAR
08-22-2012, 01:59 PM
:old::knit:We've used it four times and got up-graded two of those. Once at BW and once at BC. Packet was always ready for us. No hassle