PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Questions About December Trip

Zeike
08-18-2012, 08:29 AM
Hi! we are set to go to WDW december 17-23 our first time this time of year. We have some questions and we need help for planning some things. First we arrive the 17th which has EMH at MK until 1am. We were making dinning reservations and were thinking if it would be wise to begin our trip at MK or Epcot. I read the day after EMH is usually slow at the parks so I was thinking of visiting Epcot our first day, have a nice dinner, do whatever time allows us to do and then start early next day at MK. Any advice on this?

Also what clothing should we bring for this time of the year ? is it as cold as January ? Also what would be your favorite place to have your first dinner either at Epcot or MK?. Thanks!!:mickey:

faline
08-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Crowds were certainly be picking up by the 17th. I'd probably go with the plan of starting your trip with Epcot and get an early start at the Magic Kingdom the following day.

In Epcot, we like Rose and Crown, San Angel Inn, and Le Cellier - in no particular order.

If at the Magic Kingdom, I'd probably go to one of the monorail resorts for dinner - Kona Cafe, Citroco's and Narcoosee's come to mind. I do know that the Grand Floridian will be having some construction coming up soon so it's possible Citrico's might be closed at that time.

Weather can be variable - can range from quite nice to downright cold. We've worn shorts all day and throughout the evening. Other times, we've needed jeans and sweatshirts and on a few occasions, winter coats and mittens were needed.

buzznwoodysmom
08-18-2012, 01:42 PM
I think your plan to start out at Epcot on your first night, then go to MK the following day sounds good.

As for the weather, you really need to pack a bit of everything just incase. We were in Orlando (universal and disney) from Dec. 17-27 last year and it was warm for the entire trip. We didn't have any weather that I would call anything close to cold. My kids wore shorts the entire week. Yet, we've also been around that time of year when it was down right cold and we wore hats and coats to the parks. And it can also be anything inbeteween. Just watch the weather about a week out from your trip and pack mostly what you'll need based on the weather that is being forcast at the time, but make sure to bring a few extra things incase it changes.

AgentC
08-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Just watch the weather about a week out from your trip and pack mostly what you'll need based on the weather that is being forcast at the time, but make sure to bring a few extra things incase it changes.

This is great advice because you just never know what it is going to be like here. In 2010, we had a cold, cold December. The whole winter season was very cold and I remember scrambling to buy warmer clothes for my kids.

Last year I was prepared and bought long pants, long sleeve shirts and jackets. I think some of them still have the tags on them! Maybe I'll get it right this year. :)

I think your day plan is good. You can have a successful day at MK on an EMH day by going early or staying late, but since it is your arrival day, Epcot makes a lit more sense.

disneymom2000
08-18-2012, 10:19 PM
I would definitely check the 10 day forecase the day before you leave. The first time I went here we wore shorts and t-shirts a couple of days and then a cold front hit and everyone was buying out the sweats and hoodies. Two days later we were back to shorts and t-shirts. Then a couple of years ago I went mid-Dec and we had to actually wear coats for about three days and our last day was super nice. Just be aware that sometimes if you don't have a couple of warmer clothes packed you might not be able to find something warm in the stores.

dovesloop
08-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Great advice from all above! Also to keep tabs on the weather check out this weather camera on top of the Contemporary and showing Cinderellas' Castle!
http://weather.weatherbug.com/FL/Orl...era_animate=30
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/images/smilies/cloud9.gif