PDA

View Full Version : How's the food at Tusker House?

Gator
08-17-2012, 09:01 PM
I've decided to add a character meal for the kids, so I'm going to cancel Chefs de France and replace it with the Tusker House at *lunch*. I know they've added the characters at lunch, but I'm wondering what the food is like. I saw a menu, but that doesn't tell me much. I need some advice and opinions.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
08-17-2012, 10:13 PM
we are doing lunch for the first time while we are there on December 5 (First time at Tusker, not the first time at WDW) Would like to hear thoughts as well.

AgentC
08-18-2012, 02:52 AM
I like Tusker House for lunch. It is a good combinations of basic buffet items plus African inspired dishes. When we went we were the first lunch seating which means there was an overlap with breakfast foods.

There is a bread area which features regular breads plus a few exotic breads as well as spreads like humus and various chutneys. A fairly standard fruit and salad section and a large dessert assortment. For main dishes , there are carved meats, curry dishes, some special pasta and basics such as chicken nuggets.

I find it to be a good mix for people who like to try more exotic dishes and people who just want the standards. I would eat here again.

CajunDisneyDad
08-18-2012, 05:52 AM
*Excellent work Agent C* (In my best Major Monogram voice) lol. We are doing the same (first time at Tusker House) because we normally do Chef Mickeys, but that place is becoming nearly impossible to get into.
Thanks for the report!

Hull-onian
08-18-2012, 09:37 AM
We always ate at Tusker House in the past when you could get a nice lunch there for $10.00 and the food was excellent. This is our first time doing the buffet there, and I have a feeling it is going to be very good. We love the atmosphere of Tusker House and it is kept very clean......We are looking forward to dining there again.......Next week:mickey:

Lindsey310
08-18-2012, 11:09 AM
I have only done the breakfast and I wasn't that impressed. I think there are many other choices when it comes to character breakfasts. That being said you are doing lunch, so let us all know how it turns out! :D

11 days!!!!!!!! :yay:

Luv4WDW
08-18-2012, 11:45 AM
I ate there last May with a group of 4 adults (one of whom is a pretty picky eater) and we all loved it and raved about it. I was a little nervous trying African food, but it was fabulous. There are SO many choices. And, should you not find something authentic that you like there is American food as well. I believe we had mini corn dogs and fries. The Banana Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce was to die for! I'm excited to eat there again on this trip! :thumbsup:

Gator
08-18-2012, 03:05 PM
we are doing lunch for the first time while we are there on December 5 (First time at Tusker, not the first time at WDW) Would like to hear thoughts as well.

So close! We'll be there on the 6th. :mickey: Sounds like we should like it.

PETE FROM NYC
08-18-2012, 06:06 PM
DW and I have eaten bfast there a few times, finding it decent. In 2009 we were scheduled for bfast again, but wound up going to a DVC presentation instead. (we bought in).
Later that day we were able to get a walk-in for lunch. While I really can't say anything was bad, a lot of the food I found too "exotic" for my taste buds.

IamBelle
08-20-2012, 09:57 AM
I tried Tusker House for lunch for the first time last August and I loved it! The food was very delicious, and the decor is very interesting to look at. I normally hate both bananas and bread pudding but when I was there it looked so good I had to try some...and it was sooo good!! When I was there, we had the best server. He was so friendly and joking with us the entire time. My brother was really thirsty and kept asking for refills so he brought a pitcher of soda over to the table just for my brother...who then drank the whole thing! (Which the server than said he only seen a handful of others do.) When we left, he also let us take some chocolate chip cookies with us. I will definitely go back to Tusker House, it was great!