PDA

View Full Version : Car Rental

barbiegirl314
08-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Hope this is the right category for this question...

Planning a trip for next May and will be staying at CSR.

Was thinking of renting a car while we are there and was wondering if anyone knew if the rental rates are better at the airport or on Disney Property?

Thanks!

Itchy
08-17-2012, 02:53 PM
I am not sure myself, but if you chose the agency that you are interested in you can go to their web site and seach both locations.

I have found that rental rates between an airport and off site such as a small town, the small town can be cheaper.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

faline
08-17-2012, 03:51 PM
I believe there are fees added to on-airport rentals that do not appy when the rental occurs off-airport which could make a different. You can check the rental car company rates and also the cost for the same car rented at a Disney World site to compare for yourself - remember rates fluctuate over time so the rates that you see today might be different next week or next month or six weeks before your trip.

Fangorn
08-17-2012, 04:31 PM
I just checked on this last week. It was significanlty cheaper to rent from Alamo at the Dolphin than it was to rent the same car at the airport. It was even cheaper if I picked it up at the Dolphin but returned it to the airport.

There are indeed fees that are charged if you pick up at MCO that don't apply at WDW. Likewise, there are "hotel" fees charge at WDW, but these are less than the airport fees.

However, I've also seen it the other way around, so the best thing to do is go online and try the various combinations of locations. Your mileage may vary.

Steve

Crow
08-17-2012, 10:50 PM
yes u need to check it. i did searches, tried diff codes, coupons and still found that it was cheaper to rent from airport, or around the same for 8 nites from airport as it would b renting for less days close to WDW.
renting over a wkend is sometimes cheaper, or for 5 days or a wk