PDA

View Full Version : barnaby's Pop Vacation, Pre-Trip Report

barnaby
08-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Trip members:
Me, barnaby, 37 YO husband
Wife, age 37
Son, age 11

We booked this trip last year (June) and have been slowly counting down ever since. To say we are excited to be leaving in 7 days is a big understatement.

Day 1 (Sat, Aug 25)
Plan is to leave Friday night (Aug 15th) from NJ at 6PM, drive overnight and arrive at Pop Century on Saturday around 12PM. We'll check in and hang out by the pool until our room is ready. Then unpack, grab some dinner and hit Animal Kingdom (Son's pick). It will probably be an early evening after a long drive.

Day 2 (Sun, Aug 26)
Back to AK, maybe catch the parade, then head over to Magic Kingdom for evening EMHS and Wishes.

Day 3 (Mon, Aug 27)
AK again and Epcot for most of the day and catch Illuminations that night.

Day 4 (Tues, Aug 28)
Arrive at MK early to catch the opening. Head to Hollywood Studios in the evening for attractions and Fantasmic.

Day 5 (Weds, Aug 29)
Back to DHS and stay all day to catch all the shows.

Day 6 (Thurs, Aug 30)
Basically a free day with no plans. Definitely some swimming, maybe some mini golf. Probably hit Epcot again.

Day 7 (Fri, Aug 31)
Breakfast at Ohana! and then MK for the day and night. Last day in MK has been the tradition on the Friday before we leave. Typically, it has evening EMHs. But this year they are at Epcot.

General plan is to work in swim breaks and rest breaks. We are planners, but typically stick to the basic plan and do go with the flow with no problems.
Also, we intend to slow down and enjoy the parks. Not just be attraction-centric but catch some of the smaller shows like the Pirate Tutorial and Streetmosphere.

Looking forward to a great trip.

Lindsey310
08-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Sounds like a great plan!!! We are leaving on August 30th and couldn't be more excited!!!! Have a wonderful trip :mickey:

12 days and counting!!!!! :yay:

VWL Mom
08-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Now that the plan's in place it's time to enjoy! Have a great trip :mickey:

January-2007
08-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Sounds like so much fun! Hope you enjoy yourselves!

faline
08-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Sounds like you'll be moving at a nice, relaxed pace on this trip! Enjoy!! :mickey:

jimsgal05
08-19-2012, 09:30 PM
hey fellow Intercot member I will be there at the same time and staying at POP too!!!
well if you see a mom with a 17 DD and aDD6yr and DH looking very tires that will be our family... enjoy your trip and maybe will run into eachother ..:-)
:mickey:

barnaby
08-19-2012, 11:04 PM
hey fellow Intercot member I will be there at the same time and staying at POP too!!!
well if you see a mom with a 17 DD and aDD6yr and DH looking very tires that will be our family... enjoy your trip and maybe will run into eachother ..:-)
:mickey:
You never know, I'll keep my eye out for a tired DH. :D Just keep your ears open for my loud wife. ;)
Enjoy your trip too!

jimsgal05
08-20-2012, 12:39 PM
lol okay i will keep my ears open , then again I am a Loud DW too from Mass./ Maine. none the less enjoy your trip!! I can't wait sat night we will be there!!!