PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Date Announced for Reservations at Be Our Guest Restaurant

TinkerbellT421
08-16-2012, 10:15 AM
People have been very anxious for this news! Phone reservation start 8/20 and online starts 8/22! Per the Disney Parks blog this just in! :mickey:

Ready, set, make your reservations beginning at noon August 20 at 407-WDW-DINE for Be Our Guest Restaurant in the New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park.
You can make reservations up to 180 days out – the very first seating will be for dinner on November 19 by calling 407-WDW-DINE (3463), or visiting any Guest Relations theme park location or Guest Services desk at a resort. Online reservations will be available August 22 by visiting www.disneyworld.com/dine.

Gator
08-16-2012, 11:53 AM
I read that it will start at Noon on the 20th. That means the phone lines will be loaded all day long. Hope I can get through.

TinkerbellT421
08-16-2012, 11:59 AM
I read that it will start at Noon on the 20th. That means the phone lines will be loaded all day long. Hope I can get through.

Yes it starts at noon on 8/20 for over the phone reservations.

Good luck! I am sure it is going to be crazy! Depending on when you are planning on going though because you can only make reservations for 11/19 and after.

Kplaster
08-16-2012, 12:27 PM
I am SOOOOOOO excited for this. Here's hoping I can get through the phone line!!!

sonamae80
08-16-2012, 12:28 PM
I am so excited about this! I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can get through! We're going to the Christmas party on 11/29 and I'm praying we can get ADR's for that night!

Thanks for the info! ;)

Goofy4TheWorld
08-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Is there a menu yet??? I assume "gray stuff" is on there, but what else?

Basket Mommy
08-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Just in time for me to make ADRs for our February visit!

TinkerbellT421
08-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Is there a menu yet??? I assume "gray stuff" is on there, but what else?

Here's what I found via Disney Parks Blog:

Chef of Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland Shares His Favorites from the Menu
posted on June 27th, 2012 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Braised pork for lunch and a grilled strip steak for dinner – Chef Michael Deardorff had a hard time choosing, but says those are two of his favorites from the new menu for Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park.
Guests can start making reservations in late August (we’ll let you know the exact date as soon as we can), with the restaurant to be open for the holidays.

Chef Deardorff has been at the helm in Disney kitchens for 25 years, most recently as part of the opening of the restaurants at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawai’i. Now he’s back to open Be Our Guest, inspired by “Beauty and the Beast,” with three dining rooms and seats for over 500 guests.
“Lunch is quick service, but not traditional counter service,” says Deardorff. Guest-activated terminals make ordering a snap (there also will be traditional cashiers for cash orders and special dietary requests). You order, take a seat and lunch is delivered to your table – on china, not paper.
Back to the menu. “It’s all about simple, fresh ingredients,” says Deardorff. “Just like your favorite quick-service restaurants across Magic Kingdom Park, you’ll be able to enjoy sandwiches and salads at Be Our Guest Restaurant for lunch, but all with a twist that transports you to the French setting of ‘Beauty and the Beast.’”
There’s a little French bistro flavor with tuna Niçoise salad and a Croque Monsieur sandwich with carved ham, Gruyere cheese, béchamel and pommes frites (a fancy term for French fries). Or go for the carved turkey on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise, or the grilled steak sandwich with garlic butter spread, both with pommes frites. Heartier fare includes braised pork that’s cooked for eight hours, and for vegetarians, there’s a loaded vegetable quiche or quinoa, shallot and chive salad.

Dinner is table service, with diverse starters such as a charcuterie plate with cured meats and sausages, mussels steamed in white wine, French onion or potato leek soup, and a salad with champagne vinaigrette. We’re intrigued by the salad trio with three mini tastes of roasted beet, raisins and orange; green beans, tomatoes and roasted shallots; and watermelon, radish and mint.
Entrées include a thyme-scented pork rack chop with au gratin pasta, rotisserie rock hen with roasted fingerling potatoes, pan-seared salmon in leek fondue, grilled strip steak with pommes frites, sautéed shrimp and scallops with veggies in puff pastry with creamy lobster sauce, and an oven-baked ratatouille.
Oh, and dessert – we vote for the cupcakes, strawberry cream cheese or triple chocolate. If cupcakes aren’t your favorite sweet ending, there’s a chocolate cream puff and a passion fruit cream puff.
For kids 9 and under, the lunch entrées include a carved turkey sandwich, roasted pulled pork, Mickey meatloaf, seared mahi mahi, or whole-grain macaroni topped with marinara and mozzarella. For dinner, it’s grilled steak, grilled fish of the day, whole-grain macaroni or grilled chicken breast.
“We think guests will be pleasantly surprised with the menu and the value,” says Deardorff.
More updates soon!

Yummy!

happy2bme
08-16-2012, 02:00 PM
do all phone in dining reservations start at noon or do you start calling at midnight?

TinkerbellT421
08-16-2012, 02:18 PM
do all phone in dining reservations start at noon or do you start calling at midnight?

Originally answered with Be Our Guest in mind. Are you referring to ANY restaurant reservation (not Be Our Guest?) If so, ADR reservation line for all other restaurants does not open until 7am (open till 10pm, EST)

happy2bme
08-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Thanks for your help

happy2bme
08-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Thank you so much for your help

brad817
08-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Are the ADR's only for dinner or will they take them for lunch too? I thought lunch was just counter service-ish through the kiosk. Will they really take reservations for that?

DaisylovesDonald
08-16-2012, 09:01 PM
I am so nervous about calling tomorrow! I am trying for the 19th and the 20th - I wonder if I should just shoot for the 20th if I get through?

Yes, I believe ADR's are only for dinner. Lunch is counter service. Also, they have attached both the menus on the Disney Blog item they posted earlier today.

Best of luck to all those calling!

Melanie
08-16-2012, 09:22 PM
I am so nervous about calling tomorrow!

Tomorrow? No calling until Monday. ;)

DaisylovesDonald
08-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Tomorrow? No calling until Monday. ;)

Oh thank you thank you thank you! For some reason, I was really thinking it was today!

Tink1
08-17-2012, 01:31 PM
The time has changed to 7 am!

New Time! Be Our Guest Restaurant Reservations Open at 7 a.m. on Aug. 20

Time change! Reservations will now open at 7 a.m. Eastern on Monday, Aug. 20 (not noon as previously reported).

You can make reservations for you and your Clients at Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom® Park beginning at 7 a.m. on Aug. 20 by calling 407-WDW-DINE.

readytogo2
08-18-2012, 08:34 AM
is new time for online too?

Tink1
08-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Online reservations will be available beginning on Aug. 22. at www.disneyworld.com/dine

Nanc

Basket Mommy
08-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Online reservations will be available beginning on Aug. 22. at www.disneyworld.com/dine

Nanc

Perfect. Our 180-day mark is August 26th!

Melanie
08-20-2012, 06:41 AM
Who's up early to call? :coffee:

Good luck if you're trying to get in!

RedSoxFan
08-20-2012, 07:19 AM
Well, that was easier than expected. I got ADR's for Sunday, 11/25 for 5:30pm (wanted 6pm). Perfect as we will be attending Mickey's Christmas Party. I'm very excited.

Melanie
08-20-2012, 07:21 AM
You are one of the lucky ones! Congratulations!!!! Lots of reports of phone line troubles so far.

TiggeRia
08-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Well, it only took me 20 minutes to get through, and they had my date and time available (11/29 @4:30) but the computerized system couldn't understand my name so I've been put into the waiting list for an agent...they say the wait is greater than 45 minutes :( Bet my time will be gone by then....

etibbetts
08-20-2012, 08:09 AM
I got through after about 30 minutes of trying and got my first choice for my November trip!

Question - The automated system never asked for a credit card number. I thought they took one to use incase you cancel (not that I'm going to), I just want to make sure my reservation is all set.

TiggeRia
08-20-2012, 08:12 AM
Question - The automated system never asked for a credit card number. I thought they took one to use incase you cancel (not that I'm going to), I just want to make sure my reservation is all set.

If I had known they weren't taking credit card info I wouldn't have worried too much with how they were spelling my name....On hold now 50 minutes...

disneymom2000
08-20-2012, 09:02 AM
I am crying. I have been trying to get through for 2 hours and have only been getting the busy signal. I can try eight times a minute per phone. This is extremely frustrating, especially when you see people who only try for a few minutes and are already posting their meal times that they got.

Gator
08-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Frustrated. :mad: When I call, it's busy. When it starts ringing, in then turns to a busy signal. What a fliipping waste. Great idea, Disney. Don't let me book until 90 days worth of customers want to call in at the same time. Idiots! :thedolls:

TheDuckRocks
08-20-2012, 09:13 AM
I was up and on the phone exactly at 7 AM. It took 3 times dailing to get through and then a 50 minute wait for a reservationist. But I did get exactly what I wanted - Jan. 9 for a party of 9 at 6 PM. She did take a credit card number.

disneymom2000
08-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Well good for you. I have been trying for over 2 1/2 hours to get through (and still getting busy signals) and over 550 dials. I would be happy just to get to an agent.:mad:

Gator
08-20-2012, 09:40 AM
It would be nice if I could at least get through. Constantly calling and getting a busy signal stinks. Being on hold would be way better. Really bad planning on Disney's part. Maybe they should've said, "If your booking 2012, call today. Calling 2013, call tomorrow." Maybe that would've cleared up a few lines. Today, Disney makes me sick :sick:

AgentC
08-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Hope everyone gets what they want. I thought about trying for my December trip but I am a such a last minute booker that I didn't even try. I still have meals to book for ICOT15. :D

sonamae80
08-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I'm getting really discouraged now! :(

TinkerbellT421
08-20-2012, 09:57 AM
I saw this being a nightmare, because not only are the phones blowing up for this restaurant but imagine how many people are calling the line for their 180 day ADR's that happen to start today.

I know you guys are getting discouraged and I know it's easier said than done but try and be patient and not so discouraged. :mickey: Hopefully all of your hard work and time will be well spent and you get an ADR!

readytogo2
08-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Well good for you. I have been trying for over 2 1/2 hours to get through (and still getting busy signals) and over 550 dials. I would be happy just to get to an agent.:mad:

same here really frustrating

KathyMO
08-20-2012, 10:56 AM
It took 3 1/2 hours but I finally got our reservation for Nov. 23rd at 6:50pm.:mickey:

DaisylovesDonald
08-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Disney sure took the fun out of this experience! I am so aggravated, I'm contemplating canceling the entire trip and spending my money elsewhere.

Sorry to all those that did not get through - I didn't either - by the time I did, everything was sold out. Very upsetting.

Calling on the phone is so antiquated. It wasted hours of my time for nothing. At least if the reservations were online first and sold out at a certain time, it would be immediately known.

r4kids
08-20-2012, 02:36 PM
After trying alllllllll day, up at 6:50 calling at 7am, nothing but a busy signal alllllll day long. I finally get thru to the automated system and freaking nothing. I am going to wait it out. I am so annoyed......... fail disney fail.

Tink1
08-20-2012, 02:43 PM
I would advise anyone trying to continue to do so tomorrow morning. Some of these may cancel out.

Nanc

Disney Hungarian
08-20-2012, 03:01 PM
I did get through about an hour ago. No availability left for Dec. 10-13th party of 3. CM that I talked to could not comment on the amount of frustration the Auto system will cause, but she did say that she thought it would be a good idea to call back tomorrow to see if any cancellations did occur for my dates. I do not know if I will call tomorrow. I would feel bad knowing I may be taking someone elses ADR unfairly. I would call this an EPIC fail on Disney's part.

Gator
08-20-2012, 03:26 PM
If you don't have reservations by now, don't expect to get them. I just spent 8 hours, 8 FREAKING HOURS, trying to get past a busy signal. I then checked for reservations for 5, and then modified down to 4, hoping I could just sneak my baby in. Didn't matter. I'm at WDW for 10 full days in the parks, Nov 29 - Dec 8. Wanna know how many reservation slots were open? Zero. Nado. None. Nothing. :thedolls:

Ever feel like you've wasted your life for nothing. That would be me on the phone 4am Pacific time until now. I know good and well there will be no cancellations. There is no chance of us getting to dine here.

Thanks, Disney. My family would've loved to experience this place, and it's probably our last chance as future trips to Florida look doubtful. Your reservation system is comparable to the DMV. I've got a few more things I'd like to say, but I don't want to be kicked off Intercot forever.

Melanie
08-20-2012, 04:08 PM
I know good and well there will be no cancellations. There is no chance of us getting to dine here.

I would definitely try tomorrow or when the online reservations start. Like Nanci said, if credit cards weren't attached to reservations today, the system will drop those reservations at midnight tonight. I'd certainly give it another try.

Christine
08-20-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm so sorry for those hours disappointed ~this seems like mass chaos! It terrifies me what the crowds/pushing, etc madness will be in FL after the expansion. :hide: I'm picturing a HUGE land of toy story mania mobs! :hide2:

A friend called for us today- we will get to have Christmas dinner at BOG. I have no idea how she did it! :shrug:

ElenitaB
08-20-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm sorry that people were disappointed today. I think the advice of trying again tomorrow is on point.

Christine, that's fantastic!

After several hours, I persevered and managed to get an ADR. Poor CMs! They certainly earned their keep today.

Gator
08-21-2012, 11:51 AM
I would definitely try tomorrow or when the online reservations start. Like Nanci said, if credit cards weren't attached to reservations today, the system will drop those reservations at midnight tonight. I'd certainly give it another try.

Nope! Still nothing. Shoulda gone with my gut and not spent more time on hold to get the same thing I got yesterday. Zip.

I don't know how others were able to get ADRs, especially during the holidays, but it makes me pretty sick that I wasn't in that crowd. I be one of the poor schlobs waiting in line for an hour just to have lunch there.

faline
08-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Nope! Still nothing. Shoulda gone with my gut and not spent more time on hold to get the same thing I got yesterday. Zip.

I don't know how others were able to get ADRs, especially during the holidays, but it makes me pretty sick that I wasn't in that crowd. I be one of the poor schlobs waiting in line for an hour just to have lunch there.

I can only suggest that you continue trying. I'm sure there will be cancellations along the way.

missastrocat
08-21-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm sorry there are so many people that are upset. I'm leaving 2 days before it opens, and that made me a sadpants, so I don't even get the chance to try to make a reservation.

If I were there when it was open, I'd still go for a chance at lunch, and even if you don't eat lunch there, i'm sure you could walk around part of the inside of it and see its beauty. I doubt I'll get that chance. I can't be too sad because I will still be in my happy place (and haven't been in four years).