PDA

View Full Version : Dvc

AllDisney
08-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Do people let non-DVC owners use their points for use while on vacation? Does MJ handle this type of accommodation?

I was asking because we are thinking about going down with some family members and was wondering about this option (2 bedroom, 2 bath use of a kitchen etc).

DizneyRox
08-15-2012, 06:18 PM
DVC Member services only talks to members. So, if you are getting points from someone else, that someone else is the person who makes the reservation(s), etc.

There are brokers that play middleman, but in the end, the owner of the points needs to make the arrangements.

VWL Mom
08-15-2012, 06:24 PM
One of the brokers that DisneyRox refers to is INTERCOT sponsor TimeshareStore. You would let them know your dates and resort and they will try to get it for you. I believe their current rate is $12 per point.

AllDisney
08-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Thanks

Cinderelley
08-20-2012, 02:09 AM
I went to the website and looked at the points charts. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what they charge. A treehouse that sleeps 9 is 246 points for a week. Upgrading to a 12 person one is over 500 points - more than double, but you aren't anywhere close to doubling the number of people. :confused: