PDA

View Full Version : Disney in February?

merryc17
08-15-2012, 02:32 PM
I am getting married in November, but because of the holidays we decided to hold off on going on a honeymoon. (plus we can't afford too much right now) My parents are DVC members and offered us some of their points- how can we refuse that? Because I am a teacher, we chose to go during winter break the last week of February/ beginning of March. Normally, we've gone during the spring or summer time....and now I am questioning our choice. What's Disney like in February? Cold? Things to look out for? Any help or info would be great! Thanks a bunch.

faline
08-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Are you going Presidents' Day week or the week after? If it's Presidents' Day week, expect it will be very crowded - the next week is still crowded but a bit less so.

Weather can be variable - can range from quite nice (particularly during daylight hours) to downright cold. Plan for all eventualities.

Make good use of fast pass and making dining reservations well in advance.

merryc17
08-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the honesty! We're going the following week- the one after President's Day week. I didn't even think of the crowds....

faline
08-15-2012, 03:04 PM
I should have noticed that you're from New Hampshire! I know the New Hampshire schools close the week after Presidents' Day week!

That week is still part of the busy spring break season but will not be quite as busy as the Presidents' Day week. But, then, again, if you are limited to school breaks, you will find more crowding than if you're able to go while schools (or most schools) are still in session.

Lindsey310
08-15-2012, 03:24 PM
We were there Feb 24-26 2012 then took a Disney cruise (the Dream) and then returned for 2 more nights 3/1/12-3/3/12 and the weather was PERFECT!!! Awesome park weather and warm!! The day we left port canaveral it was rainy and the weather was a little chilly at 68 but when we returned from the cruise on march 1st, it was about 85 degrees out!! We stayed two more nights at the wilderness lodge and hung out by the pool and went to two parks.
Last time I went in march was in 07 and it was perfect weather then too! And who can say no to FREE DISNEY POINTS?!! :joy:

14 days until we go "home" to Disney!!!!!! :mickey:

merryc17
08-15-2012, 11:19 PM
Thanks New England friends! Yes, NH is always backwards!

Certainly can't say no to Disney points! Have a great time Lindsey!:thumbsup: