buzznwoodysmom
08-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Cast:
Me –Denise- 35
DS- Collin- 12
DS- Landon- 10
DMom- Sheila- 60

Saturday, August 4 –Day 8

Today we had our breakfast we purchased at the Boardwalk Bakery last night. We got our bags together and headed to the front. Our car was pulled around and we were on our way. We drove straight to All Star Music and checked in. Surprise, surprise our room was ready again!!! We brought down our bag, checked the room, and then drove to Typhoon Lagoon.

We spent almost the entire day in that darn wave pool. LOL. My boys love it! We had lunch there and just enjoyed our extra day. It was sunny and hot today, perfect day for a water park.

Back at the room we changed and decided to head to Disney Quest to use another entitlement on our tickets. The boys love it there. I, on the other hand, hate it. It’s the most un-Disney thing I’ve ever done in WDW. My mom and I played a few games with them. Then I decided to give them some freedom and let them loose. My mom and I found two chairs and a little table in the “wonderland” area, and shared a red velvet cream cheese cupcake. I’ve seen these in DHS and always wanted to try one, but they are so big. It was perfect to split and we even had enough to save the boys each a few bites. Collin loves red velvet, so he would have been crushed if he didn’t get any. When the boys had their fill of games we decided to head to the monorail resorts for dinner.

Not sure what we’d try for dinner we ended up parking at CR. Since we were there we stopped in at The Wave to see if they were taking walk ups. This is the only place at CR we haven’t eaten so figured we’d give it a try. Once again they seated us immediately. I’ve not heard great reviews on this place, but we thought our meals were really good. Not amazing, but good. I ordered a tomato soup and the Wave Cobb Salad. Both were really good. The boys pretty much “ate” all my soup by dipping their bread in it. My mom ordered the lump crab-Florida rock shrimp cakes, which she said were good. Collin had the petite filet with fries and vanilla gelato sundae for dessert. Landon also had the petite filet with a garden salad and brown sugar apples for dessert. I tried a piece of the boys filet and they were really very good. My mom and I shared one of the mini dessert trio dishes; I just can’t remember what they were now.

After dinner it was getting kind of late and I knew I had that long 12 hour drive tomorrow. The boys begged for another night, but this time the answer was no. We gotta go home at some point! All in all it was a very fun extra day!

Up next: We lingered a bit, sad to go home, and then a very troubled drive home!

faline
08-14-2012, 06:15 PM
What a fun, extra day!! I'll bet the boys were happy with all they got to do!

disney obsessed
08-16-2012, 10:27 AM
I love it when you can unexpectedly add on days. When we used to drive we were able to do it several times. It's a great feeling!:cloud9:

January-2007
08-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Thanks for reporting!

yourmagicalguide
08-17-2012, 04:46 PM
What a great extra day :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
08-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Maybe some day I'll have to do another road trip to get a bonus day too. Sounds like you had a good one!