buzznwoodysmom
08-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Cast:
Me –Denise- 35
DS- Collin- 12
DS- Landon- 10
DMom- Sheila- 60

Friday, August 3 –Day 7
Today was supposed to be our last day in WDW. We were up fairly early, had our usual breakfast in our room, then packed up a few things and headed to the car.

I had ordered tickets for Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3 a few days ago. We drove straight to DTD and picked up our tickets at the box office. We were doing the Fork and Screen movie and we had a little trouble finding it. It’s not where the regular AMC Theater is. It’s all the way around the corner. For some reason I thought it was all one theater. We found our seats and ordered our food. The seats in this theater are so comfy! I really wish we had one of these at home. The food here was also good. I had the Sicilian Pizzini, my mom had chicken Alfredo, Collin had cheese sticks and popcorn (what a great lunch, right?), and Landon ordered a cheeseburger. The movie was really cute and it was fun to see a movie in Disney. That is something we never took time to do before. Honestly without the dine in theater we probably wouldn’t have watched a movie, but it was a fun change!

After the movie we drove straight to the Boardwalk Villas. My friend rented her DVC points to me and we were in a studio for the night. When we arrived the sky opened up and the rain started. It was so bad I opted to valet the car. Once again the room was ready when we checked in. What a great surprise when we walked into our room. I thought we had a pool or garden view. The view was of the Boardwalk and Epcot. If we looked to the left we could see the Boardwalk and the boat dock, straight ahead was Spaceship Earth, and to the right was the back of the Boardwalk lobby! Wonderful location and view. We were so very lucky with our rooms on this trip. We hung out in the room for a while letting the rain stop.

Once the sky cleared we headed to the pool. My kids have always wanted to swim in this pool. All I can say is what a letdown! I don’t know if it was because we were coming from Stormalong Bay at the YC, but this pool felt tiny! And although Collin liked the way the pool looked in the past, the clown kinda freaked him out this time! As soon as we got to the pool the sky got black again and most guests left. We had a table right by the pool and the “pool party” kept going. The storm blew right over us, but the temps dropped and with no sun shining it was a bit on the cool side. We hung out at the pool for a few hours till the kids had enough. This was one of their least favorite pools on property. They enjoyed the slide, but the pool there just didn’t do it for us.

Back in the room we got dressed and decided to head down to the boardwalk for the evening. Landon snacked on a giant pretzel, I got a bag of cinnamon glazed almonds and we just walked around taking it all in. Sad that it was our last night in WDW, the kids begging to stay another night.

We checked out a few menus and decided to try our luck walking up at Big River Grill. We were seated immediately! I was still sorta full from lunch, heck from the whole week! So I only ordered the Beer Cheese Soup, and dipped the rest of Landon’s pretzel in it. My mom ordered the chicken quesadilla appetizer, Collin got the Rocket Red Ribs, and Landon ordered the Beef Nacho appetizer. Everything was good here, but I think we were just tired of eating out so much. Landon thought the nachos would be like the ones in Mexico in Epcot. They love the nachos in Epcot, but these were very, very different. Still good, but not what he was expecting. I wouldn’t say dinner was a bust, but we didn’t enjoy it as much as we probably should have. Everything was prepared well, and was very tasty.

After dinner we strolled around the boardwalk a bit more. My mom and I stopped at the General Store to purchase each a beer to drink on our balcony during Illuminations tonight. Our last stop was at the Boardwalk Bakery to get a few things and some milk for breakfast tomorrow.

Back in the room the kids enjoyed some down time of playing on the internet and watching Disney channel. I gave in and called reservations to see if there were any cheap rooms for “one more night”. The only value we haven’t stayed at yet (other than AoA) is All Star Music. We were able to get a room there for the next night. We had water park and more options on our ticket that we had just not found time to use. The boys really wanted to go to at least one water park. After settling that my mom and I went put a batch of clothes washing. We were starting to run out of underclothes. LOL.

My mom and I spent most of the rest of the evening on the balcony. We did get to see Illuminations, but only the very top of the fireworks. After Illuminations we went get the clothes and called it a night.

Up next: We finally use some of those water park and more options on our tickets, and we get to stay another night!

minnie04
08-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Sounds like a great day and the best part, getting to stay another night. I love when we can make that happen :mickey:

faline
08-14-2012, 05:36 PM
What a great view you had at Boardwalk. Hmmm - not sure what to say about the pool. Never really thought about it before but read a couple of others posts wherein folks said they thought the clown was a bit creepy - I'm going to need to take another look at that pool!

Yippee!! An extra night in Disney World!! What fun!!

yourmagicalguide
08-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Yay! Another day at Disney :mickey: I bet your boys were super excited!

January-2007
08-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks for reporting.

Dopey's Girl
08-24-2012, 10:04 PM
That pool clown is the #1 thing keeping me from BW... It's just way too creepy!

Yeah for bonus WDW days!