PDA

View Full Version : Phineas & Ferb & YOU: A Brand New Reality opens on Sept 1 at Downtown Disney

AgentC
08-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Just in from the Disney Parks Blog.

First there were “Phineas & Ferb” character meet and greets at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Then Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure opened at Epcot. Now, the brothers will invade another area of Walt Disney World Resort: Beginning September 1, guests of all ages can participate in a complimentary augmented reality offering at Downtown Disney called “Phineas and Ferb & YOU: A Brand New Reality.”
The experience, which will take place next to Bongos Cuban Café, will allow guests to step onto a platform and virtually interact with Phineas, Ferb, Dr. Doof and Agent P (in their animated forms) on a screen above. Fans can expect to experience any one of 20 different interactions, from dancing “The Platypus Walk” to getting caught in Dr. Doof’s Freeze-inator.
Afterward, guests can digitally share a complimentary souvenir photo of their animated interaction with their family and friends.
Special “Phineas & Ferb” merchandise will also be available.
“Phineas and Ferb & YOU: A Brand New Reality” will run through December 1, and is open from 2-9:30 p.m., daily.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-14-2012, 04:35 PM
That sounds neat! DH is a big P&F fan, so I'm sure we'll have to stop by and take a look.

AgentC
08-14-2012, 05:09 PM
I thought it looked fun too. My kids really like P&F. If it gets cooler, I might take them over one weekend and check it out.

Kenny1113
08-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks! Sounds like something my boys won really like. :)

Lindsey310
08-14-2012, 06:58 PM
What a great addition! Looking forward to seeing it when we go down in 15 days :joy:

Melanie
08-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Good way to bring more traffic to that area. :thumbsup:

PirateLover
08-14-2012, 09:31 PM
I've only watched the show a handful of times, but as an adult with no kids I enjoy it, and the little show they put on at Disneyland California Adventure was very cute and quite popular! They come out on a little stage that is like a parade float, sing and dance and it's very heavy on audience participation (Not sure if they have the same thing at Disney World or not?) Clearly P&F are a hot commodity and should continue to be for some time. This sounds neat.

Lizzy
08-15-2012, 10:01 AM
All 3 of my kids will probably love this. I may have to bring them over to check it out

mickeyman42
08-16-2012, 07:10 AM
think we may have to check this out, sept 1st will be our last full day at WDW but we love P&F, hopefully I'll, I mean the kids, will get a perry interaction, I love perry! should wear my perry t-shirt too!

IamBelle
08-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Can't wait to see this when it opens! Does it cost anything?

Joannelet
08-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Will definitely be checking this out when we are there end of Sept! Cannot wait!

Melanie
09-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Christine has posted video on our Facebook page for anyone interested. Looks cute!

www.facebook.com/INTERCOT

IamBelle
09-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Tried this on Sunday, and loved it! It is so cute, there are a few different scenes and you can interact with either Phineas and Ferb or Dr. Doof and Agent P. Then, when you are done interacting, you take a photo. The CM then gives you a code for your photo so you can see it. You can download it, email, post on facebook, or tweet it.