buzznwoodysmom
08-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Cast:
Me –Denise- 35
DS- Collin- 12
DS- Landon- 10
DMom- Sheila- 60

Wednesday, August 1 –Day 5

We had said we’d do Epcot today, but when we got up Collin really wanted to go to DHS so that’s where we went. Collin LOVES Epcot and wanted that to be our last park.

We arrived at DSH a good bit after the park opened, a little later than we wanted. We headed straight to RNRC. The standby wait was already 20 minutes, but that was fine with us. I typically can tolerate a 20 minute wait for a ride I love. We usually try not to wait for anything longer than 20 minutes though.

After RNRC Landon and I got in the standby line for TOT, while my mom and Collin went attempt to get FPs for Toy Story Mania. This plan has sometimes worked in the past, but often times FPs were already gone for the day. Today we were in luck. They had FPs for 4pm. That was later than we planned on staying, but we made it work. ToT turned out to be about a 15 minute wait, even with a 25 minute posted wait time.

My mom and Collin had called to say Star Tours had just a 5 minute wait so that’s where they were headed. Landon and I browsed through all the shops along the road going towards ToT and the main street coming into the park. Still no Dooney!

We got a call from my mom and Collin saying that Collin was “starving”. Well that was good because Landon was also “starving”. These kids act like they don’t get fed sometimes! We met at Pizza Planet per Landon’s request and had a very quiet lunch there. It was probably right at 11 and not many people were eating lunch yet. This was the only time I have seen this place so empty.

After lunch we went back to Star Tours, which had a 10 minute wait. We actually walked right on and our vehicle wasn’t even completely full! What is going on, this is supposed to be peak summer season! Aslo I think it was today I kept an eye on my weather app on my phone. It stayed between 84 and 77 pretty much all day! And yesterday had pretty much the same weather if I am remembering correctly.

It gets a little fuzzy here. I know at some point we did the animation class. Honestly those animation classes were probably the longest we had to wait all week. In all our trips we had never done this. It was on our “to do” list for this trip. We LOVED it! Oh my gosh, I am so sad we’ve missed out on this gem for so long. It was one of the best new things we did on this trip. We actually went back later, while waiting for our TSM FPs, and did another class. Our first character was Eeyore. Now I am not a fan of Eeyore, not a fan of any of the Winnie The Pooh characters, but it was still fun to draw him. The second time we drew Agent P! My kids were thrilled with that one. Huge Perry fans in our house! At the end of each class the “animator” asks a question about the character you just drew. Whoever answers it right first gets the animator’s signed drawing. Collin got the Agent P question right so he got the cool drawing of Agent P to keep. This will be a “do not miss” on our future trips.

We also rode the Great Movie Ride, which had a fairly long wait, over 20 minutes I’m sure, but it was starting to rain when we got in the line, and we were trying to waste time since our FPs weren’t till 4! Landon got an autograph of a character we’ve never got before, one of the green army men from Toy Story. We also waited in line for Buzz and Woody. Landon is 10 years old, but he reverted back to a little boy in there. He still loves Toy Story. He claims he will keep his toys till he goes to college and put them in the attic, or donate them to a young child like Andy did in Toy Story 3. After our spin on Toy Story Mania we were ready to head back to YC.

Back in the room we got swim suits on, and then headed to BNC. This would be our only fail of the trip as far as dining goes. The wait was 45 minutes. The kids were “starving” again. We went through the “to go” window at BNC to get milk shakes, then took those over to hurricane Hannah’s for burgers and hot dogs. In the end it was probably a good thing. I imagine we would have ended up ordering burgers and hot dogs in BNC, and I know Hannah’s was much, much cheaper! We had dinner at the pool, swam a bit, and once again ended the night with a movie on the beach. I think Toy Story 3 was playing tonight. Or was it Lion King???? I think those are the two movies we saw on the beach while at YC. Another wonderful day! We are totally loving the YC area. It’s so great to not have to worry about the buses. We already did MK and AK with no intentions to go back to those parks. It makes touring Epcot and DHS so easy! Tonight we didn’t stay for the whole movie. I think it was tonight we could see some fireworks from our patio.

Up next: Epcot!

faline
08-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Congrats on the signed animation! Sounds like it was another fun day!!

We didn't even try to eat at Beaches and Cream during our last trip which was a stay at the Beach Club.

SBETigg
08-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Ahem, on not loving Pooh characters. Not even Tigger? You're forgiven. Short waits and decent weather, are you sure you went in the middle of summer? :cool:

LandFan
08-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Oooh - the animation class! I forgot about that - thanks for reminding me! I don't think DH has ever done that and we are going by ourselves this time so I am looking for special things to do together.

So Thanks!

Your trip sounds soooo fun - sigh... 44 more days!

buzznwoodysmom
08-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Short waits and decent weather, are you sure you went in the middle of summer? :cool:

I know, right????

What is amazing is my first ever trip to WDW was in August and I said "NEVER AGAIN". I thought long and hard before I booked this trip. It is amazing how much better you can handle the heat and crowds when you've been so many times and have a better understanding of what your getting yourself into. So I felt we were more prepared. I knew what parks to avoid on which days, and we knew to be out of the parks during the hottest part of the day. But still.....we were also very, very lucky that we had several days of pretty decent weather for peak summer!

January-2007
08-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Thanks for reporting!

yourmagicalguide
08-17-2012, 03:13 PM
I will definitely check out the animation class on my next trip. Congrats to your son for winning the signed drawing :thumbsup:

Off to read Day 6 :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
08-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Mmm...milkshakes.

Sounds like another great day!