PDA

View Full Version : Offsite places suggestions

Crow
08-14-2012, 12:32 PM
staying at POP w a car. looking for places not too far, Crossroads i read about Sweet Tomatoes that seems good. good pixxa is a must too.
not an exp place though
might do SOG buffet
poss Hooters or Tilted Kilt.
and Bubba Gumps on Universal day.
so might need another place or 2 offsite

ElenitaB
08-14-2012, 01:24 PM
I've heard really good things about Abuelo's. :marg:

Mousemates
08-14-2012, 03:31 PM
my family enjoys eating at the Bahama Breeze near downtown disney ( and they have some great appetizer (Caribbean jerk) wings that I enjoy as an entree).

We have eaten at several Abuelos throughout the southeast and they generally offer pretty good mexican fare at a reasonable price. Not sure why but my family often says they actually have a disney feel about them (I think its the heavy theming, wall art and background music).
\

Crow
08-14-2012, 04:58 PM
where is Abuelos..

PETE FROM NYC
08-14-2012, 05:34 PM
We like the various chains, like Red Lobster, Golden Corral, etc.
All practically within spittin' distance.

ElenitaB
08-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Abuelo's is on West Osceola, near John Young Pkwy. Not as close as Bahama Breeze, but not terribly far either.

Melanie
08-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Chevy's! :marg:

Crow
08-14-2012, 11:13 PM
ok ill look it up
chevys...wat and how is that

Melanie
08-15-2012, 05:34 AM
ok ill look it up
chevys...wat and how is that

Tex-Mex at Crossroads.

Crow
08-15-2012, 09:18 AM
ok ill check that too.
i know my friend has eaten at Golden Corrals and said theres a crab place somewhere hes been to in the past, Joes crab shack maybe idk
i prefer onsite since its vacation at dis etc, but $

ElenitaB
08-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Yep, there's a Joe's Crab Shack on the "corner" of Celebration Avenue and 192. Right across the way there are some other chain restaurants. If you keep on going on 192 you'll find even more.

Someone mentioned Bahama Breeze. We went there a few years ago (thanks, Mikki!) and really liked it, particularly since it's not a chain we see here up North.

Crow
08-15-2012, 09:40 PM
thanks. sounds like some good places to try

Mickey'sGirl
08-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Abuelo's is on West Osceola, near John Young Pkwy. Not as close as Bahama Breeze, but not terribly far either.
We have eaten here a few times, and thoroughly enjoyed our meals and :marg: each time. Not expensive, and very good.

epceddie
08-15-2012, 11:13 PM
If you like burgers, try Fuddruckers in the Crossroads Plaza. You get to put your own toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, etc.....) on your burger and everything is really fresh.
As far as good pizza goes, we haven't been able to find anything like the pies we can get up here in the Northeast.
I know that Giordano's, which has thick crust and thin crust, is pretty popular. It's always been busy when we go there.
The one we like is near DTD. At the traffic light exiting out of DTD in front of the Crossroads Plaza, take a left and it's about 1/2 mile on the right in a shopping plaza.
Hope this helps

Crow
08-16-2012, 11:54 AM
I remember Fudruckers yrs ago up in the area.
thanks for the pixxa tip.

#1donaldfan
08-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Bubba Gumps at Universal for sure....
Chevy's is awesome.....
Sweet Tomatos is great....
Moes is incredible plus cheap.....
Joes perfect.......

just to name a few !!:mickey: