PDA

View Full Version : A of A?

Mrs Bus Driver
08-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Tell me about the art of animation. How does it compare to the other values? would I want to stay there with 3 adults or better to stay in one of the others?:mickey:

Strmchsr
08-14-2012, 10:14 AM
The theming is awesome. The only issue is that other than the Little Mermaid area it's all suites, which are considerably more expensive than doing 2 rooms at one of the other values. So, you have to consider whether the extra money is worth it or not.

Crow
08-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Im staying at POP next wk so will b checking it out. i looked at it in June, looks nice. if i had a few people id stay there. to me the Cars is the best theming, the L mermaid are single rms that were built a while ago, the other areas were built new and have inside corridors. food court is nice so im gonna try it

BigRedDad
08-14-2012, 02:16 PM
The studio rooms are a long distance from the main hall. It is as far away as you can get. The suites are the closest and about 2.5x the cost of a studio.

I wanted to stay at the Little Mermaid section but the extra walking is too much for my mother.

Tigerinvestigator
08-14-2012, 05:13 PM
The resort is awesome. IMHO it is much nicer than any of the value resorts. The theming is over the top, but the food court/check-in etc is very nice. We are seriously thinking about staying in one of the suites on our next trip....I agree with the others that the standard rooms are a long distance to the main bldg. We spent an hour there during our trip two weeks ago and were very impressed with the entire resort. :thumbsup:

Mrs Bus Driver
08-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the replies one of our party is in a wheelchair so I wouldn't want to be far away from everything but might look into the suites. Know they cost more but might be worth it for comfort :mickey:

Crow
08-18-2012, 12:43 PM
ill check it out in a few days. the pool in the Nemo section is big and i think thats the closest to main building. from what i read the Cars is the nicest themed. Enjoy the trip.

Roger's #1 Fan
08-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Just got back yesterday from 14 days at AoA :mickey: .

We stayed in Nemo building 5 and had an awesome time. The rooms are great and a nice size for 5 or 6 people. It was great having the kitchenette and we took a trip to Walmart and loaded up on drinks and snacks which we could keep cold and have ready to go. Also, having a table for 4 was nice when we ordered pizza in or got snack to bring back to the room.

Crow
08-22-2012, 05:48 PM
ive only walked over to the food court from Pop so far this wk, but im going to check it out more over the next few days. Id like to stay there.

Beach Club Babe
08-25-2012, 08:37 PM
We checked it out while we were at WDW last week. I think it is awesome! We definitely want to stay there!

BrerGnat
08-27-2012, 02:23 PM
We stayed there last week for one night before our Disney Cruise as a surprise for our boys (6 and 8). We were in a Cars suite.

My overall impression was mostly positive, BUT, I did have some gripes with the room. I'd recommend visiting to get a look at the place, but I'd pick somewhere else to stay with 3 adults. The bedding set up is not ideal for 3 adults.

JerseyDad
08-29-2012, 12:52 AM
....perhaps I'll be in the minority ....but I was not overly impressed with AoA.

....first...the exterior of the 'suites' buildings leave something to be desired. The color is drab....and architecturally boring. The interior hallways in said buildings are dark / dreary with little to no "theming". I've only been in the Lion King buildings rooms ....and it felt almost as it was "furnished by IKEA". (the bathrooms are nice)

....regarding the food court: The selections are interesting and tasty...however ....all are "prepared to order" ....and it takes in most cases at least 10 minutes to get your food. And...this time delay was present when 3 of the standard room nuildings (Mermaid) were not even open. I can't even fathom this method of food prep with a fully completed...and occupied resort.

....finally...the grounds are a under landscaped. My point of comparison is POP ....where I'm currently typing this from.

Melanie
08-29-2012, 08:38 AM
....regarding the food court: The selections are interesting and tasty...however ....all are "prepared to order" ....and it takes in most cases at least 10 minutes to get your food. And...this time delay was present when 3 of the standard room nuildings (Mermaid) were not even open. I can't even fathom this method of food prep with a fully completed...and occupied resort.

I agree with this! We were there to tour right after opening and I commented that I can't imagine how crazy and crowded it would be when all phases were open and the resort near capacity. You are not the first person I've seen comment on the inefficiency of the food court. They need to get that rolling better.

I liked the grounds and thought overall the exteriors looked very nice. It appealed to me. What I've seen reported of the rooms though, leaves a lot to be desired.

BrerGnat
08-29-2012, 08:45 AM
....perhaps I'll be in the minority ....but I was not overly impressed with AoA.

We weren't either. We got our suite at a 30% discount (Military) and paid just about the most I think a room there is worth ($219, taxes included). The pricing of those suites is WAY out of line. I still think 2 Value rooms is a better (and cheaper) option than one of these suites.

Overall, I found this resort hype to be much ado about nothing. It's a value resort. It has nice themeing in the grounds and main building (a lot less tacky than the other values), but it's still a Value Resort.