PDA

View Full Version : Laundry Pods in Luggage?

darthmacho
08-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Does anyone have experience with the logistics of bringing a pack of laundry pods and putting them in check-in luggage?

My concerns are:

Security: Are they permitted?
Safety: Are they likely to leak all over my luggage?

Thanks for any pertinent information! :mickey:
We leave in 5 DAYS!!!

Scar
08-14-2012, 09:49 AM
I'm not familiar with the term "pod", but if you're talking about the packets that hold one load worth of liquid detergent, I've flown with Tide 3 packs and never had a problem with security or leakage.

darthmacho
08-14-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm not familiar with the term "pod", but if you're talking about the packets that hold one load worth of liquid detergent, I've flown with Tide 3 packs and never had a problem with security or leakage.

Yes, that's what I was referring to, I think. Thanks for the info. I think these will make doing laundry a lot easier! :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
08-14-2012, 10:00 AM

Same here. Haven't had any issues.

It was definitely a worry at first but DBF made sure to secure them inside of a ziploc bag so if there was to be an accidental leakage atleast it wouldn't get on the clothes or in the luggage bag. We also put them in the inside pocket of the bag on the side. We also have pretty sturdy Eddie Bauer luggage bags that are pretty thick heavy and durable so they tend not to get squished to easily.

PCruzer
08-14-2012, 10:20 AM
If you are concerned, you might want to check out Purex sheets. They are detergent and fabric softener in a dry sheet. No problem with liquids leaking or airline security.

faline
08-14-2012, 10:22 AM
If you are concerned, you might want to check out Purex sheets. They are detergent and fabric softener in a dry sheet. No problem with liquids leaking or airline security.

This is exactly what I bring when we travel. Compact - easy to transport - no liquids or powders to worry about spilling or leaking.

darthmacho
08-14-2012, 10:39 AM

Thank you. I'll have to see if I can find those. :mickey:

AgentC
08-14-2012, 10:45 AM
I have used the Purex sheets. They are great. I have never traveled with pods but I use them at home all the time. I have had a few of the liquid pods mysteriously explode in my laundry room so I would double bag them just in case.

PCruzer
08-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Thank you. I'll have to see if I can find those. :mickey:I bought them at the Dollar Store.

faberj
08-15-2012, 08:30 AM
I have traveled with the tide pods many times and have never had any issues. I alway double bag just in case but they have always made it.

brivers222
08-21-2012, 01:47 PM
as long as its Checked luggage you bring almost anything! we had two full size shampoo and conditioner bottles that traveled just fine. But i did make sure i wrapped them in plastic in case pressure messed them up :)