PDA

View Full Version : Universal character spots

mickeyman42
08-14-2012, 06:37 AM
just wondering if universal has dedicated character spots and times as disney does. I assume that they do but I cant seem to find it on the park map that I have from last year, and I also dont remember seeing any characters, but it was just the DW and I so I was not really looking for them either. the kids would love to meet the lorax (I assume would be in seuss landing) and anyone from despicable me, (again, assuming somewhere near the ride?) thanks

Lindsey310
08-14-2012, 07:23 AM
When we went in December 2011, I think there was a "character" guide map at the entrance but I can't remember as my husband and I didn't really care to see them lol.

I know in Seuss landing, the were the "Who's from Whoville" walking around and taking pictures but they were the stars of the the Christmas show that was running at the time, how the grinch stole Christmas. The only other characters I saw were in the parade. :mickey:

15 days!!!!! :yay:

Roger's #1 Fan
08-22-2012, 12:55 PM
We were there last week and yes, there are dedicated character spots in IOA for the Seuss characters (Lorax was there, my DD's favorite), and in the Spongebob shop for him and Patrick (they rotate). The Despicable Me charaters come out in their "mini parade" mode during the day and my daughter was lucky enough to get a group pic of all three girls with her! :number1:

I'm pretty sure my DW had a list of charater appearance times that we were working from.

I also got one of my bucket list items snagging a picture with Homer, Marge, and Bart Simpson. They are in a mobile motor home that moves around the streets in the from of US.

I can also recommend the superstar character breakfast since we got pics and autographs from 8 charaters while there (spongebob, squidward, dora, diego, EB and pink beret (from Hop), and Gru and a minion)