PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Brushes?

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
08-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Are the hidden brushes gone at Tom Sawyer Island. Ive heard rumors that cast memebrs no longer hide them.?

MickeysBestPal
08-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Are the hidden brushes gone at Tom Sawyer Island. Ive heard rumors that cast memebrs no longer hide them.?

That "perk" has been discontinued.

It might return in the future, but there's no telling
if or when.

Mousemates
08-14-2012, 01:40 PM
I know its really no big deal, but to me it is kind of sad to see it go by the way side.

Crow
08-16-2012, 11:20 AM
i happened to find one once, then on the raft back to mainland was met by the dream squad and got a magical fastpass too..i think i still have that somewhere..

CosmicRay
08-16-2012, 12:27 PM
What is the story behind the Magic Brushes? I've never heard of this.

Mendelson
08-16-2012, 12:53 PM
What? Why??

What a simple, easy thing to do that "plusses" the island, is one of those littler-known things that is cool to find out about, and - most importantly - costs NOTHING. Why stop doing this?

Crow
08-16-2012, 10:16 PM
they used to hide the paintbrush and whoever found it and turned it in got a fastpass..i just happend to find it that day

Main Street Jim
08-16-2012, 10:43 PM
It wasn't just *one* paint brush. There were at least ten of 'em when I worked the rafts.

Before the park opened in the mornings, we'd ride over and randomly place the brushes on the island. Me? I'd go through the caves, through the windmill and barn, over at Aunt Polly's, in the fort...most of our CM's just kinda *threw* 'em on the walkways and made 'em easy to find. I'd HIDE those suckers :)

I'd ask my first few rafts full of guests to bring me back ONE paint brush - no need to bring more than that. They got a "free 'front-of-the-line' pass" that was good for either Big Thunder or Splash, and it was good for up to six people. By 11:00 (the island opened at 10:00), I had all ten paint brushes back :)

CosmicRay
08-16-2012, 11:09 PM
That DOES sound fun! That's a shame that they don't do it any longer.