PDA

View Full Version : torn between mid september or late october

dyin tago
08-13-2012, 08:54 PM
hi,

dw and I have visited 7 times in september with free dining plan and loved it except for the brutal humidity and heat.

we would love to try late october for the food and wine festival and the free dining is even available this year!

only concern is in september we can even stay outside and do stuff even in the rain,would it be too cold in late october to do this?

also,we would be really disappointed to not do the waterparks if it is too cool.

another thing is how much busier is late october compared to september?

thanks for any help:mickey:

Lindsey310
08-13-2012, 09:09 PM
We went in November a few years back and it was 85 practically every day! I love love love October because the weather is still warm and I am obsessed with the food and wine festival!! My vote is for October! Happy planning!! :mickey:

16 days and counting!!!!!! Getting me through the work days!!!! :joy:

dyin tago
08-13-2012, 09:17 PM
thanks for the great info!

just wondering ho bad are the lines at the food and wine stands?

would be an awesome change to not be sweating and blisters while trying to enjoy the parks.

Lindsey310
08-13-2012, 09:22 PM
We like to do all the rides in the morning and then go home and change then go back around 4:00pm for the food and wine. We have never waited for more than say 5 minutes in line at any of the countries. We love to taste a little bit of everything. :eat:

Joannelet
08-13-2012, 10:22 PM
October is BEAUTIFUL! The weather was perfect! Not too hot and not cold at all! Believe me I was 7 months prego last October there and absolutely loved the weather!!! :)

faline
08-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Typically, October daytime temperatures are warm enough for swimming. There are times when the evenings will be a bit cooler - even cool enough for jeans and a sweatshirt but, often, you can wear shorts and tees all the way through the day and into the evenings as well. Humidity is a little lower but it can still be surprisingly humid well into October.

Crowds do tick up for the Food & Wine Festival particularly in the evenings and on weekends. We did not find that these usually interfere with the rides though it can make walking around World Showcase a bit challenging.

If you plan it right, you can join folks for the big Intercot meet late this October!!

BigRedDad
08-14-2012, 08:00 AM
Temps are subjective. You will see some people in ski parkas when it is 50 degrees out and others in shorts and t-shirt in the same weather. Typically, October is going to be completely comfortable. However, you could get between the 40s and 90s.

As for the F&WF, the lines are not too bad. The best method is to plan accordingly for it. Weekends, especially after 4PM gets more crowded than a Wednesday at 1PM. It is just up to you. One word of advice on it though is to travel counter clockwise. The only reason I recommend this is if you are going clockwise in the afternoon, the sun is blaring in your face on the back countries.

AgentC
08-14-2012, 08:27 AM
I have lived in central FL for 10 years. I live by closer to the coast so we do normally get cooler a little faster than Orlando. Most of the time the humidity will start to break mid month. My mom (who really hates heat & humidity) will not do most outdoor activities from May through Sept. :) She starts coming back to WDW in Oct.

A cold snap is always possible in October but I don't remember one in recent years. Usually day time temps are warm though it can get cololer at night. Our personal pool is not heated and October is usually the last month we use it. You should be fine in a heated pool at Disney.

Oct is definitely busier than Sept. Both Food & Wine and MNSSHP draw people in, but I don't find it to be too bad. Most of the crowds at Epcot are around the food booths. Waits are not usually too long but the World Showcase will be quite busy over the weekends particularly at night.

It is one of my favorite times of year and definitely worth checking out.