PDA

View Full Version : rate captains grille

readytogo2
08-13-2012, 04:03 PM
just booked adrs for feb trip and added captains grille this trip worthi it or not?

buzznwoodysmom
08-13-2012, 04:22 PM
We ate there for the first time on our trip earlier this month. We tried 4 new restaurants on this trip and Captain's Grille was by far the best new meal of the trip.

I don't normally order things like pork chop dishes when eating out, but the description looked so good. It was excellent. I ordered the 3 course meal so that we could all share the appitizer and dessert. We had the crab cake appitizer and they were amazing. For dessert we had some sort of cheesecake I think, it's been a while and I'm forgetting what we ordered at each location. My mom had the chef's pasta creation and it was great as well.

We were also selected to be family of the day. We had balloons at our table, had a photo taken of us and put into a scrap book where we could sign our names and leave a message. We were also given an 8x10 of the photo in a nice folder with a "Family of the Day" certificate. We got some little "to go" desserts (lemon poppy seed cake), the boys each got a free Mickey straw with their drinks, as well as free Buzz Lightyear light up clip for their cups. It was a very fun experience.

Even without being selected as family of the day, the food was still a great surprise! You never hear much about this place so I wasn't sure how good the food would be. The best part is we didn't have an ADR and were able to walk up and be seated immediately!

DizneyRox
08-13-2012, 06:46 PM
It's a nice little surprise. Not sure why it's not more crowded, but that's good for those that go.

faline
08-13-2012, 07:24 PM
We had breakfast there on our last trip. We didn't have a reservation but were able to be seated immediately. It's hard to rate a restaurant based on breakfast food but our food was good and service was excellent.

AgentC
08-13-2012, 07:57 PM
I had dinner there twice. It was good both times. It was quiet both times we went. We did not have a problem getting in even without an ADR.

I think it gets overlooked because it is right off the lobby of the Yacht Club. Everyone focuses on eating at the Yachtsman Steakhouse, Cape May or over at the Boardwalk and it gets overlooked.

Pirate Granny
08-13-2012, 08:16 PM
It's always been one of our favorite...will be back in october

Mitzie
08-14-2012, 07:59 AM
We have had breakfast there twice and both times have been very pleased. We like that there was a small buffet or order off the menu so people from both camps are happy. They do a bread pudding, baked french toast thing on the buffet that I just love:cloud9:

PlutoPlanet
08-14-2012, 12:06 PM
I've been to Captains Grill once and would go there again. The rib eye was fine. Service was good. The restaurant was not as crowded as most other Disney restaurants. It's not one of my top 5 restaurants in the World, but I'll go again.

RedSoxFan
08-14-2012, 09:36 PM
It is awesome. Loved our meal there last year. I think it's better than LeCellier.

readytogo2
08-15-2012, 09:17 AM
ddnt know about the buffet whats served on it?