PDA

View Full Version : And then there was 1.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
08-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Well, my daughter is now off at college - dropped her off last week for Freshman band camp with the Pride of the Mountains (WCU) band.

We are now down to one at home. It is going to be quiet around here after raising 4 children being down to just the one 10th grader.

VWL Mom
08-13-2012, 04:05 PM
I went from 2 to 1 and felt like I had so much extra time, I can't imagine what 4 to 1 would be like. Whenever I get sad about them growing up and leaving, DH reminds me that unless this economy changes, they'll be back after college.

SBETigg
08-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Yes, what a big change for you! My daughter goes back to college in a few weeks. But my son came back home, and then my dad moved in, so I have a while before the empty nest experience really kicks in.

ElenitaB
08-13-2012, 09:27 PM
I can lend you another 10th grader if you want some more noise. :blush:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
08-16-2012, 08:10 AM
I can lend you another 10th grader if you want some more noise. :blush:

Whew - um - between my PMS and his Puberty - we've got plenty of noise. Poor guy, I jumped down his throat in the grocery store because of his lack of lunch choices. I was all :thedolls: and he was all :mad:. Not a good combination in public.

CosmicRay
08-16-2012, 11:30 AM
I wonder how I will be when my kids go off to college. I still have some time, but we home school and I wonder how life will be when they are not here... I don't want to think about it. :(