PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for fun birthday dinner in Epcot

buzznwoodysmom
08-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Anyone has any suggestions on a fun place to have a birthday dinner in Epcot. This would be for a 13 year old boy. I have asked his opinion and he says "I don't know". Typical of a 13 year old boy, right?

We'd really like to try some place new to us. So here is a list of TS places we've already tried in Epcot.

Le Cellier
San Angel Inn
Teppan Edo
Tokyo Dining
Chefs de France
Via Napoli
Coral Reef
Garden Grill

The place in Norway is also out since he did mention that he definitely doesn't want to do a princess meal for his bday! LOL

Arielfan98
08-13-2012, 12:50 PM
I definitely recommend Rose and Crown Pub!!!! They have really delicious fish n' chips and mushy peas plus a beautiful view of the lake. Definitely not to disappoint.

Itchy
08-13-2012, 01:47 PM
I dont know if all of the cooks do this at Teppan Edo, but when my lady friend and I were there celebrating her Bday she got a little special treatment.

She got a special dessert and the chef presented her with one of the paper chef hats that they wear. The whole group sang happy Bday to her.

She still has the hat..

Hope this helps..:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-13-2012, 02:08 PM
DD had a great birthday at Rose & Crown, and she loved seeing the fireworks from her table.

But, the most fun birthday dinner she had a Epcot was a Biergarten. They announce birthdays during the show and made a big deal of it, and I think every server who walked by made a big deal of it, she had a blast.

buzznwoodysmom
08-13-2012, 04:38 PM
She got a special dessert and the chef presented her with one of the paper chef hats that they wear. The whole group sang happy Bday to her.

We actually had a birthday dinner here for my younger son's birthday a few years ago. He got the little dessert and chef hat too! I asked DS if he wanted to eat there for his birthday since his brother enjoyed his birthday meal there, and it's one of our favorite places in Epcot. He said "No, let's try something new". Thanks for the suggestion.

buzznwoodysmom
08-13-2012, 04:40 PM
But, the most fun birthday dinner she had a Epcot was a Biergarten. They announce birthdays during the show and made a big deal of it, and I think every server who walked by made a big deal of it, she had a blast.

This is the place in Germany, right?

That might be a good option. We were just in WDW earlier this month, the boys and I, and they asked if we could ever eat at the place in Germany since their dad was in Germany at the time. DH may be interested in it too, to compare it to what he's eaten in the "real" Germany.

SBETigg
08-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Biergarten is one of those "got to do it once" kind of places-- or more if you try and love it. For us, it was a one-off. But we did enjoy it. Fun times, especially good for a birthday because of the band. Rose and Crown is also good. I can't imagine it would be especially exciting for a 13 year old boy, though. Though, with an Illuminations view it gets increasingly more exciting. In that case, Hacienda de San Angel might also be a good choice, which has been getting decent reviews. I think the only other would be Nine Dragons, and I haven't tried that one yet either.

Going outside WS to try Kouzzina is also an idea. I love it there.

mdricks
08-13-2012, 05:35 PM

Never been the reciipiant but i ahave seen this. It was pretty cool

:number1:

Gator
08-13-2012, 08:47 PM
I would go with Biergarten for sure. It's a fun and festive atmosphere. A teenager would like this a lot I think.

Crow
08-13-2012, 11:02 PM
hm that doesnt leave much..
Marrakesh
Biergarten....
Nine Dragons.
Rose and Crown.
depends on wat food he likes too..

Hull-onian
08-14-2012, 05:37 PM
uh,oh, since I'm the Birthday girl this time, I suppose they will make a fuss at the Beirgarten, as that is where our ressie is for dinner. Sound like: FUN........:party:

lawgirl
08-14-2012, 11:29 PM
Biergarten has a definite "party" atmosphere, and its such a fun, festive place to go.

My other favorite is San Angel Inn, but I think its more of a romantic place as opposed to a fun party place.

The Moroccan restaurant is fun too, but don't know how appropriate belly dancing will be for a 13 YO boy bday party celebration.

What kind of food does he like? That will really be a factor.