PDA

View Full Version : Wl

LizLovesDiz
08-13-2012, 09:49 AM
We want to stay at the WL courtyard view....any tips ? :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
08-13-2012, 10:51 AM
Not sure what kind of tips your looking for, but if that's where you want to stay then you can book it. Courtyard view is a bookable catagory at WL.

We've stayed in a courtyard view twice and loved that location. We were just a few doors down, right around the corner from the elevators which made getting places quick and easy. Our view was right over the stream running from the lobby toward the pool. We weren't right over the pool, but did have a good view of it, as well as the lake, and we could see and hear the electric water parade from our balcony.

BigRedDad
08-13-2012, 01:40 PM
We stayed there once and loved it. However, my family is a bunch of cheapskates and cannot justify the cost to stay there. We use rooms to sleep and shower.

As far as the views go, you should book the one you like. We had a courtyard view and overlooked the pool. My DD was almost 3 at the time and we never used the "view" I had too many fears of her getting over the rail. Since I do not sit in a room to take in the view, we usually choose the lowest price option. If I want to see something, I have legs and WDW usually has seating at some of the best views.

Nini
08-13-2012, 02:26 PM
We've stayed at the WL three times before, but this upcoming trip will be our first getting Courtyard View.

Keep in mind that this category includes some of the rooms facing the villas, so make sure to request "inner courtyard". (We book through Magical Journey's, so they actually added the request to our reservation.) I learned this here on Intercot!

That's the only tip I can think of, other than have fun!!!!

Denise :mickey:

TexansInNY
08-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Nini is correct - make sure you request inner courtyard..it is where we stay and love every time we are there (which is usually) - do not stay on 6th floor is you want open balcony versus wall balcony. Absolutely fantastic location and hotel.

:number1:

special ed teacher
08-14-2012, 07:34 PM
We were there a week ago. I love the court yard view. I like to just sit on the balcony and enjoy early morning and also later evening views.
It can be noisy. My youngest son had trouble getting used to hearing noise most of the time, but after a few days, he did. If you like quiet, don't take court yard.
I love wilderness lodge.

darthmacho
08-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Actually, I do have one tip, but I'll get to that in a moment.

First, I just want to say that Wilderness Lodge is the most beautiful resort on property in my opinion, and a wonderful place to stay and dine. Artist Point is my favorite WDW restaurant, and Whispering Canyon is not far behind.

Now, for that tip...

Don't go out onto your "private" balcony wearing just a towel, because the people in the courtyard below will have the angle, and probably see something they shouldn't... :eyes:

:thumbsup:

Crow
08-16-2012, 11:52 AM

First, I just want to say that Wilderness Lodge is the most beautiful resort on property in my opinion, and a wonderful place to stay and dine. Artist Point is my favorite WDW restaurant, and Whispering Canyon is not far behind.

Now, for that tip...

Don't go out onto your "private" balcony wearing just a towel, because the people in the courtyard below will have the angle, and probably see something they shouldn't... :eyes:

i agree w WL being my fav along w AP, WCC, not so much..
ive had diff views. sometimes the courtyard faced the villas, had pool view once, smokehouse parking view once and this last trip 7th fl CL facing MK w some view of Contemp and fireworks. just dont get on a lower level backside smokehouse view.

CuteAsMinnie
08-16-2012, 06:50 PM
We always request the following:
Bunk beds (now a price category)
North Wing
Inner courtyard
Above Artist Pointe
With a view of Silver Springs
Please:mickey:

This will put you (if all requests are granted) right above the waterfall away from the sometimes noisy pool. You'll have a view of the waterfall (very nice to fall asleep and wake up to) the sunrise over bay lake, the pool and the Electric Water Parade.

We now stay CL, which I highly recommend if a deep discount comes along but all other requests stay the same.

On occasion, our room location was different than we preferred, but we've always arrived early enough that the room could be changed and I am a happy girl!:)

faline
08-16-2012, 07:08 PM
I would also recommend requesting a room that is closer to the lobby - which puts you further away from the pool. As one previous poster noted, noise can be issue. One year we were very close to the pool and I had difficulty sleeping due to the pool noise. When we requested an inner courtyard view as close to the lobby as possible, we were far enough away from the pool that the noise was not so much an issue.

LizLovesDiz
08-20-2012, 08:46 AM
:blush:

Now, for that tip...

LizLovesDiz
08-20-2012, 08:48 AM
:mickey:
Not sure what kind of tips your looking for, but if that's where you want to stay then you can book it. Courtyard view is a bookable catagory at WL.

We've stayed in a courtyard view twice and loved that location. We were just a few doors down, right around the corner from the elevators which made getting places quick and easy. Our view was right over the stream running from the lobby toward the pool. We weren't right over the pool, but did have a good view of it, as well as the lake, and we could see and hear the electric water parade from our balcony.

LizLovesDiz
08-20-2012, 08:49 AM
:cloud9:
We always request the following:
Bunk beds (now a price category)
North Wing
Inner courtyard
Above Artist Pointe
With a view of Silver Springs
Please:mickey:

This will put you (if all requests are granted) right above the waterfall away from the sometimes noisy pool. You'll have a view of the waterfall (very nice to fall asleep and wake up to) the sunrise over bay lake, the pool and the Electric Water Parade.

We now stay CL, which I highly recommend if a deep discount comes along but all other requests stay the same.

On occasion, our room location was different than we preferred, but we've always arrived early enough that the room could be changed and I am a happy girl!:)

LizLovesDiz
08-20-2012, 08:54 AM
;)
I would also recommend requesting a room that is closer to the lobby - which puts you further away from the pool. As one previous poster noted, noise can be issue. One year we were very close to the pool and I had difficulty sleeping due to the pool noise. When we requested an inner courtyard view as close to the lobby as possible, we were far enough away from the pool that the noise was not so much an issue.

LizLovesDiz
08-20-2012, 09:00 AM
We stayed there once and loved it. However, my family is a bunch of cheapskates and cannot justify the cost to stay there. We use rooms to sleep and shower.

As far as the views go, you should book the one you like. We had a courtyard view and overlooked the pool. My DD was almost 3 at the time and we never used the "view" I had too many fears of her getting over the rail. Since I do not sit in a room to take in the view, we usually choose the lowest price option. If I want to see something, I have legs and WDW usually has seating at some of the best views.

Mousemates
08-20-2012, 09:01 AM
as others have said if you want a courtyard view request closer to the lobby to avoid some noise form the pool (this becomes less of an issue on the higher floors).

However, while the courtyard view is nice, we actually prefer a specific "woods view" and thus our request for WL (which we have always gotten thus far) is for "highest floor available, close to lobby facing the Contemporary."