PDA

View Full Version : Late October weather?

Pally
08-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Just wondering what the whether is like in late October. I have been searching different sites and historial weather patterns but I am not getting a feel for what it might be like. The highs and lows can vary quite a bit. Will I need a light coat or medium one. Can it still be very warm during the days? What about hurricanes? Can they still be a threat at this time of year?

Strangely enough here in Nova Scotia we have had our share of hurricanes over the last while. The last one Earle a couple of years ago Sept I ended up breaking my foot in preparations. In 2009 when my family went to Florida we had a hurricane a couple days prior to leaving. I thought the problem was going to be Florida who whould of thought home would be the problem!

This trip is a sisters only trip and my sister's first time. Hope the F&W fine be great. Also, will be attending the intercot breakfast meet. It will be nice to place faces to names.:mickey:

faline
08-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Typically, we've found warm days and evening that can range from warm (shorts) to coolish A(jeans and a sweatshirt).

While a tropical storm or hurricane is a possibility, the odds are that you will not experience one during your visit.

Dopey's Girl
08-12-2012, 07:41 PM
I have been in late October/early November and it can be kind of a mixed bag. We have had days in the 80's as well as days in the 50's. I would plan on packing a bit of everthing.

I'm going for the meet as well and will have jeans and long sleeves as well as capris and short sleeves. I generally wear layers in the morning (capris with a hoodie) and change into pants for the evenings. I have never had a heavy coat, but do bring a fleece jacket, and always have light gloves or mittens on the off chance that it gets chilly at night.

buzznwoodysmom
08-12-2012, 08:43 PM
It's hard to get a good feel for it because it varies from year to year. Some years late Oct. may get a nice cool front where you'd need jeans and tshirt during the day, and maybe a light jacket or hoodie at night. Other years it can be just as hot as a summer day. That's pretty much how the weather can be most of the fall/winter/spring months.

We visited for Halloween a few years ago and we had wonderful weather. We had high to mid 70's during the day, and a bit cooler at night. We might have had low 80's a day or two. The kids were still able to swim, but it wasn't hot enough to be sweating in the parks. Perfect WDW weather!

SurferStitch
08-12-2012, 10:30 PM
We've never had a late October trip where we didn't have warm days (80 degrees plus). We've usually had warm evenings as well, but have sometimes needed a light sweatshirt or jeans/capris in the evening.

Of course, cool weather can happen, but to be honest, we've never really experienced it. I actually wouldn't mind some cooler evenings!

Pally
08-13-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks everybody. I will just have to pack a couple of extra things I guess. Although it does sound like Florida does not get much rain at this time of year? Am I correct in this assumption?:mickey:

AgentC
08-13-2012, 08:33 AM
October should be pretty dry. Hurricane season technically runs through Nov 30th but we don't usually see much activity or rain after Sept. We have had more rain than usual this summer so I suppose fall could be slightly wetter than usually, but I wouldn't worry about it.

I live west of Orlando and we usually go to WDW the last week for my son's birthday every year. Most days are short/t shirt weather. I usually bring a couple pairs of jeans, a long sleeve shirt and a sweatshirt for a night/early morning just in case.

Of course my kids think 65 is cold. :mickey:

Strmchsr
08-13-2012, 01:28 PM
The summer has, in general, been slightly above average with rainfall and slightly below average with temps. However, that does not necessarily tell us what kind of fall we will have. An El Nino i developing right now and should be in place by September. A moderate El Nino should, in general, continue the pattern of cooler/wetter weather, especially this winter.