PDA

View Full Version : Carriage ride?

Going2HeavenRU
08-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Has anyone taken a carriage ride at Fort Wilderness? Is it expensive? Worth the money?

buzznwoodysmom
08-12-2012, 04:06 PM
We have done the Haunted Carriage ride around Halloween, and the Christmas "Sleigh" carriage ride around the holidays. Both rides were $60 for about a 25 minute ride. We felt it was well worth the money, but we did them for holidays.

For Halloween, there was a story that when with the ride, Sleep Hollow. At one point the headless horseman comes after you.

For the Christmas one we were able to see all the decorated campsites.

Not sure what you look at when doing a regular carraige ride, the scenery I guess.

Itchy
08-12-2012, 04:28 PM
We have done the carriage ride at POR twice. If I remember right they were $40 each and were about 30 min long.

We enjoyed them very much. If I remember correctly they started at about 7 or 8 pm. They can be reserved by phone or at the conciser desk at POR. I don't have the phone number but I think it is on the WDW web site.

Hope this helps....:mickey:

Itchy
08-12-2012, 04:49 PM
I know that I gave you info on POR and you wanted Ft Wilderness. Here is what I found but I do not have the cost for you.

Horseback Riding and Carriage Rides

Enjoy wholesome family fun with a 45-minute guided trail ride—on horseback or by carriage—through the scenic natural woodlands of Central Florida.

Holiday Sleigh Rides

Get in the holiday spirit with an enchanting, horse-drawn sleigh ride. Offered nightly in December, this 25-minute ride takes you through the secluded natural beauty surrounding Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

Call For Reservations and Information

For more information, please call (407) WDW-PLAY or (407) 939-7529†.

Going2HeavenRU
08-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Thank you both for the info.

faline
08-12-2012, 07:14 PM
We've done the Fort Wilderness Carriage ride on two occasions - both were made even better due to the wonderful drivers we had. On the first occasion, we booked for four (my daughter and son-in-law with us). The last time, it was just my husband and myself.

The carriage ride goes from Fort Wilderness through a dirt trail that leads to Wilderness Lodge. When almost all the way at Wilderness Lodge, the carriage turns around and goes back to Fort Wilderness. Parts of the trail are very dark.

It's a lovely ride and we greatly enjoyed ourselves on each occasion.

epceddie
08-15-2012, 11:56 PM
We did the carriage ride the week of Halloween one year under a full moon and it was incredible.
The driver played a tape of the Sleepy Hollow/Ichabod Crane story and it felt like we were in another world.
It was spooky and fun at the same time. The whole experience was memorable.

figgie
08-16-2012, 06:37 PM
I thought I read somewhere that they were not doing the Halloween ride this year, anyone know if they are or not?

buzznwoodysmom
08-16-2012, 08:03 PM
I thought I read somewhere that they were not doing the Halloween ride this year, anyone know if they are or not?

I have read from more than one discussion board that people are hearing it's discontinued this year.

MinnieMommie
08-16-2012, 10:16 PM

I called to schedule and they told me they are not...boohoo

BugeyedMuggy
08-17-2012, 05:40 PM
We have done two regular and one haunted carriage ride at FW. One of the regular carriage rides it was a very wet spring and the misquitos were unbearable. I would keep an eye on the amount of rain during your trip. The other one we saw a deer ( we are from NE so we do see alot of them anyway) on our ride but still it was pretty cool . We also have done a couple at Riverside and they took us thru French Quarters. A different experience, with a glass of wine very romantic.

faline
08-17-2012, 05:49 PM
The other one we saw a deer.

Yes. Deer are pretty common on the route the carraige ride takes.

brivers222
08-21-2012, 01:42 PM
I surprised my DW with a carriage ride at xmas time on our honeymoon. It was awesome for $60! moonlight light and the sounds of sleigh bells and horseshoes hitting the pavement. I don't have any pics of the actual ride because I promised my DW that this professional photog would finally put his camera down for the ride ;)

but it truely was worth it and very magical. Driver had blankets ready for us and even had a champaign bottle and glasses for us to enjoy on our trip :) Although that was after we had just filled our selves at California Grill lol!

epceddie
08-23-2012, 11:39 AM
I called to schedule and they told me they are not...boohoo

Wow, that's disappointing. I called and was able to make a reservation for a sleigh ride in December. It seems like more and more things are disappearing at WDW. Very sad.

MinnieMommie
08-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Wow, that's disappointing. I called and was able to make a reservation for a sleigh ride in December. It seems like more and more things are disappearing at WDW. Very sad.

Was your December reservation at POR or Wilderness?