PDA

View Full Version : Last minute items to pack?

queen bee
08-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Well, tomorrow we leave and the excitement is building. It is a long trip for us, from Canada's far east coast, but we try to do this every few years or so and we are probably getting to the point in time where our boys (ages 16 and 13) will be looking to do other things besides travelling with their parents.
We will be at the Beach Club this year and most of what we hear and read has been positive.
We are almost packed and are sitting around now trying to think of things we may have overlooked. We'd be interested on hearing any last minute advise on items you wished you had taken but forgot. Thanks for any ideas you can provide.

PETE FROM NYC
08-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Flying or driving? Each needs different answers.

sherriepaul
08-12-2012, 04:18 PM
sunscreen, ponchos, cameras, batteries for cameras and such, cell phone cord, sunglasses, medicines for family(tylenol, prescription drugs, vitamins for kids) scissors, thread/needle.( I needed the scissors, thread/needle last year when we went DD stuffed friend needed emergency surgery and my husband's button on a shirt.):D hairbrush, tooth brush, flip flops.

hope this jogs the memory!:mickey:

queen bee
08-12-2012, 04:43 PM
We are flying, Newfoundland to Newark to Orlando.
Thanks for your list SHER. We have it covered!

Itchy
08-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Of all things to forget, I forgot my belt. Till I found one at WDW I had to use the adjustable strap from my camera case.

Boy did I get a few odd looks...

AllDisney
08-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Don't forget hats. Sometimes that sun just hits you the wrong way, even with sunglasses on, and a hat is a must for us:thumbsup:

faline
08-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Medications?
Socks (my husband once forgot to pack them)?
Battery chargers (my daughter forgot the one to her camera on her wedding trip and my husband spent some time looking for, and getting a replacement for her)(On a more recent trip, she forgot to take the one for her phone)??

After I've checked my list several times and start on my trip, I figure if there's anything I've forgotten, I'll just need to buy a replacement.

PETE FROM NYC
08-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Do not forget a power strip to recharge everything.
Howe about an extra bag to pack all of the merchandise you and your family will eventually buy?
Personal refillable water bottles.
Enough extra film and batteries. You don't want to get stuck paying inflated WDW prices.
I always travel with a small flashlight, and a night light.

Belle of the Ball 051411
08-13-2012, 07:56 PM
First Aid Kit (Band-Aids, stuff for blisters and hurting feet). :)

CMCTxMom
08-14-2012, 08:44 AM
Last time I went to DLR I forgot, of all things, socks! So I ended up with a large collection with Mickey and Minnie on them... which was not overall a bad thing... ;)

disneysmiles
08-20-2012, 07:09 AM
Along with the 2 big bottles we pack in our checked luggage, we take small sample sizes of sunscreen in our quart ziplock for the carry on. We want to hit the parks when we get there and it is always before our luggage gets there from ME.
Sunglasses.
Gum! My kids NEED it for the plane's taking off and landing and they don't sell it anywhere on Disney property.
The last time we went I forgot to bring our address list for mailing postcards. I ended up not sending any because I didn't want to leave anyone out . Oh, and the stamps to mail them too! One year our hotel ran out and we had to look around for some.

E-OR
08-20-2012, 05:34 PM
The things we have forgotten in the past. Husbands swim suit, new camera, son's shorts, and which car rental we were using. I'm sure to have these along now.