PDA

View Full Version : San Angel or La Hacienda

Crow
08-12-2012, 02:40 PM
in case i do eat at one of these..never ate at LH.
any recent experiences.

Anthony007
08-12-2012, 02:44 PM
I was just thinking about which one to go to, we have always liked San Angel, but never been to LH. Do they have the homemade tortilla chips like San Angel Inn?

Mickey'sGirl
08-12-2012, 02:56 PM
We ate there last week, and will not be rushing back. The plates mostly consist of tortilla chips. Tacos were ok, empanadas were horrible and the seating situation is horrendous.

Crow
08-12-2012, 03:50 PM
ill have to see if i will. guess if i eat at one, it will still b San Angel

Gator
08-12-2012, 05:07 PM
If you're going to eat bland mexican food, you might as well have the ambience at San Angel. IMHO.

CosmicRay
08-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Yeah, we ate at LH once and said we won't go back again. The food was not very good. I wondered if it was because I'm a Texas girl and was too used to my Tex-Mex. Glad to hear others weren't impressed.

1DisneyNut
08-12-2012, 05:49 PM
San Angel was always one of our favorites and we ate there every trip. On our last trip a few weeks ago we ate there as usual and it seemed the menu had been changed to cater to the Dining Plan. Basically like most WDW restaurants it has all been cheapened up and the menu stripped down. Honestly, Taco Bell would have been better. Our little local Mexican restaurants with $9 entrees have far better food than San Angel now. We are down to basically eating burgers and chicken fingers for lunch while at WDW and going off site for good sit down dinners now.

Crow
08-12-2012, 09:47 PM
SA wins for ambiance over a lot of places..
dumb down food....yes hence my other post about fresh food .

darthmacho
08-13-2012, 01:13 AM
I've eaten at San Angel Inn twice, and not only have I loved the atmosphere, I've also enjoyed the food. My choice is mole poblano, with rice and black beans, Dos Equis beer, and flan for dessert. Based on my experiences, I disagree that the food is bland, poor, or inauthentic. Then again, things may have changed, because our two visits were in 1998 and 2003...

We're eating at La Hacienda this year and I'm hoping for the best! :sombrero:

Cinderelley
08-13-2012, 03:19 AM
I will NEVER go back to La Hacienda.

Lindsey310
08-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Probably San angel. Even when we were there a few years back, I didn't really love the menu and I had a hard time deciding what to eat. Loved the chips and salsa though! :mickey::marg:

lawgirl
08-13-2012, 07:47 AM
We went to San Angel in 2011 and loved it. I thought the food was really good. We have the local Mexican places that we love here...good cheap food with an extensive menu. Maybe its just bc its in WDW, but I do love SA's food! And the ambience is so magical. It's one of our favorites.