PDA

View Full Version : Bubba Gump

Crow
08-12-2012, 02:27 PM
ate at the one in Hollywood and liked it, so was wondering if anyone tried it in Orlando..in case i hit Universal and see Blue Man that night.
or is there a better place
i did see a Tilted Kilt listed in Orlando and got an email for a free app...never been to one.

queen bee
08-12-2012, 02:34 PM
We ate there our last time down in 2009 and had a favourable impression. The boys liked it as well (ages 13 and 10 at the time) but I can't remember what we had, except for the large pail of shrimp. We will be going down again next week and Bubba Gump's is on our list to visit.

buzznwoodysmom
08-12-2012, 03:43 PM
We ate at Bubba Gump in Universal for the first time in December. We had a very enjoyable meal. Everything we ordered was great and the servers are fun! We wouldn't hesitate to eat there again on future trips.

Crow
08-12-2012, 03:55 PM
good. its a thought since i may go to Univ a day and see BlueMan and Gump is there...

Crow
08-12-2012, 03:55 PM
We ate there our last time down in 2009 and had a favourable impression. The boys liked it as well (ages 13 and 10 at the time) but I can't remember what we had, except for the large pail of shrimp. We will be going down again next week and Bubba Gump's is on our list to visit.

Ill see you there..i arrive at POP on the 20th

tinksmom02
08-12-2012, 09:47 PM
We ate there last year and I'm anticipating that we'll be there again next week--doing 3 nights at POP then moving over to Hard Rock for 2 nights.

BigRedDad
08-14-2012, 08:17 AM
The food is good and the atmosphere is fun at Bubba Gumps. The reviews for the Tilted Kilt is that it is a horrible experience. They know it is a tourist restaurant and they want to turn the tables over quickly because most don't come back. The Tilted Kilt is a sluttier (I hope I can use that word here) version of Hooters.

If you want a good sports bar style restaurant, we ate at one twice because it was so good and the staff was so great. It is called Miller's Ale House. It is on I-Drive near Dave and Buster's. I could not recommend it more for an offsite restaurant. Excellent food, excellent prices, excellent staff, and they don't care if you are a local or a tourist. They treat you the same. I am sure local regulars get some better prices on drinks, but that is expected.

Crow
08-14-2012, 12:27 PM
hmm i was reading a few reviews of Tilted..seems so so.
the Hooters at LBV they seemed nice a few yrs ago. i dont want to go real far around orlando since we will b staying at POP, but as long as its a place we can find

DVC2004
08-15-2012, 05:05 PM
We ate at the Citywalk Bubba Gump 3 night's ago. It was very good. There was alot to choose from. I had the shrimp po boy which was OK, but my husband had the crab stuffed shrimp and those were really, really good. They gave quite a few too. We had the strawberry shortcake for dessert which was also delish. Kids had a burger and coconut shrimp. It was busy- constant people walking in- but we were seated quickly.

We have both a Bubba Gump and a Tilted here around Chicago. I have been to Tilted Kilt a few times and it wasn't that great. The food was meh. The girls seem to like to take a seat at the all-guy tables and talk to them probably to get to order more drinks and stay longer. LOL not my sort of place.

Crow
08-16-2012, 12:12 PM
thanks for the tips. will most likely try this Bubbas

Crow
08-25-2012, 07:08 PM
just ate there. it wasnt bad, but mayb not as good as the Universal Hollywood one. crab stuffed mushrooms, a dish w mashed potatoes, sausage and shrimp and a sauce..wasnt real hot temp wise.

MNNHFLTX
08-26-2012, 04:35 PM
My son and I ate at the City Walk Bubba Gump's with some good friends in June and really enjoyed ourselves--good food, good beer and good service. We hadn't been to one in a really long time, so it was a lot of fun.:thumbsup:

Melanie
08-26-2012, 05:17 PM
just ate there. it wasnt bad, but mayb not as good as the Universal Hollywood one. crab stuffed mushrooms, a dish w mashed potatoes, sausage and shrimp and a sauce..wasnt real hot temp wise.

Your food wasn't as good?

Love Bubba Gumps! We've eaten at many around the US and always a good meal/time. We happened to eat at the City Walk location in June with good friends as well ;) and had a great experience. It was crowded and lively, but had good service and yummy food.

Elias1901
08-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Another fan of Bubba's here!! Run Forrest Run!! :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
08-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Another fan of Bubba's here!! Run Forrest Run!! :thumbsup:
Stop Forrest stop! :D

Melanie
08-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Stop Forrest stop! :D

More Yuengling please! :cheers:

MNNHFLTX
08-26-2012, 10:18 PM
More Yuengling please! :cheers:

Here, here! :clappy:

Crow
08-29-2012, 09:54 PM
it wasnt bad..just mayb a little less good than Universal Hollywood. and as i said the temp could have been a little hotter
the server forgot to tell else about the take home glasses we got w drinks...so after we paid i had to question him. all the servers seemed pretty nice