PDA

View Full Version : Anyplace you think is fresher, not mass produced

Crow
08-12-2012, 02:20 PM
I know GG uses some things from the Land..but a lot of the food is bought en masse, burgers, ribs... so u go to one place its t same as other for a burger. so like Pecos Bills might have same burger as other spots, but there is the topping bar.
Im trying to think of some places that might not b, Flying Fish, Bluexoo (exp though and i havent tried Blue) Fultons maybe..
thats why i eat at Epcot, i figure its diff than burger hot dogs etc...

phlo8810
08-12-2012, 03:11 PM
I know what you're saying. I feel like all of disney is doing this. Fultons is definitely different as are cali grill, narcoossees and via napoli. In fact It would go as far as saying all the signature restaurants are.

buzznwoodysmom
08-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Not sure about items being fresher, but there are lots of places to get items other than the same old burger, nuggets, or hot dogs.

We enjoy the menu at Columbia Harbour House in MK for a nice variety.

Sunshine Seasons in Epcot is another great spot for variety. Same can be said for most QS locations in World Showcase.

We also enjoy Earl of Sandwhich and Wolf Gang Puck Express at Downtown Disney.

Yac and Yeti QS location, as well as their TS location, have some great options.

As far as TS locations go, we've had excellent meals at the signature places, and I don't think I've ever eaten a buger at any of the TS locations. Actually, we've had the burger at Sci Fi, but that's the only place I've had a burger at TS locations in WDW.

Again, not really answering your question about fresher ingrediants, but you definitely don't have to eat the same burger everywhere you go.

Crow
08-12-2012, 03:53 PM
AP i like, salmon or buffalo..and i like CG
do have to watch the $ some..sorta a catch 22, i have TIW but its good at TS, except for POP,AOA,AS..Flame Tree..
i dont eat burgers much at WDW, mayb Pecos but thats been a few trips. i can get burgers when i go to Fridays or places. i want something good, diff, fresh.

Gator
08-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Yak&Yeti has table and counter service. You can get some of that honey glazed chicken and rice. Not quite as mass produced as some of the other places.

And then there's Epcot. Tangeriene Cafe is a great place that's sure to be different and fresh.

Crow
08-12-2012, 09:45 PM
true, ive eaten at Y&Y on trips past and liked it.
and once at Tangierine on the DDP, thought it was a good deal.

Kairi_7378
08-12-2012, 10:52 PM
The food always tasted fresher to me at Sunshine Seasons. Maybe it's the ambiance of being so close to Living with the Land.

TinkerbellT421
08-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Outside of pretty much anything in EPCOT I would say definitely try Fultons especially that your on TiW, they fly fresh fish in every day that was just caught that day, etc. they are definitely not a mass produced type food. And of all the seafood I eat, and being in RI fresh seafood is a staple in any household, Fultons is the best you're going to get in Disney.

Crow
08-13-2012, 02:14 PM
id have to do Fultons at lunch i think to keep down cost. been yrrsss since i ate there once w 2nd wife..(out of the 3) and she ate a whole lobster...idk how on her 100 lbs.. the TIW 20% should help

TinkerbellT421
08-13-2012, 03:23 PM
id have to do Fultons at lunch i think to keep down cost. been yrrsss since i ate there once w 2nd wife..(out of the 3) and she ate a whole lobster...idk how on her 100 lbs.. the TIW 20% should help

Lunch is definitely the way to go. The menus are not much different except portion size and very few dishes being different at lunch and dinner. I highly recommend the calamari appetizer. But lunch was completely satisfying sidewise and treated the taste buds well.

Tigerinvestigator
08-14-2012, 05:24 PM
I agree that Fulton's is very good. We ate there two weeks ago for the first time in years. It was a fantastic meal and the service was very good as well. We ate dinner and it was still much less expensive than Ohana, Garden Grill, or some of our other favorites. The Dungeness Crab was some of the best I have ever eaten. My DD got the snow crab and it was very good. The others in our party got Salmon and chicken and everyone was happy with the food.:thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
08-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Crow,
As stated above, the signature restaurants tend to use fresh ingredients. Both Blue Zoo and Flying Fish are excellent choices. Blue Zoo is probably a notch better, but pricey. And the atmosphere is adult-oriented.

If fish is a priority, check out Narcoossee's.

Generally speaking, if freshness is important, the sit-down restaurants do a good job. When you hit the buffets or the "all you care to eat" locales, you get massed produced stuff. Some CS places do a decent job.

For all the food Disney serves, their quality is pretty respectable! :mickey:

Crow
08-14-2012, 11:12 PM
one of the times i was on free DDp i tried Narcoosees..didnt think it ws that good.
FF, first time was awesome w the potato crusted snapper, 2nd time ok ...not as good.
im thinking of Bluexoo....
Tangierine cafe i remember ws a pretty good deal

lawgirl
08-15-2012, 01:27 PM
On the whole we eat very healthy food at home, and try to eat as much fresh produce as we can. We always hit The Land pavillion food court...they have such an amazing selection, and the prices aren't too bad. We always go to Tangerine Cafe in Morocco...always good and fresh. We always stay at AKL, and the MARA there has some interesting choices that seem fresher than the regular old burger and fries. I think its called Yak and Yeti at AK..just the CS not TS, anyways, they have some delicious Asian dishes that are inexpensive and always taste great. Last time we ate at San Angel Inn, the food seemed really fresh and we loved it. It may not be necessarily "fresh" produce from The Land, but it wasnt just run of the mill processed Mexican food.

Crow
08-15-2012, 09:38 PM
yes these are good suggestions. liked Y&Y ts, but havent tried the CS
Tangierine seemed good the time i tried it

epceddie
08-15-2012, 11:17 PM
We love the menu items (and the creme brulee) at Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD. We're going to live there with our Quick-Service dining plan in December.

#1donaldfan
08-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Look up the menu at the Turf Club, it was a pleasant change of pace for us this past trip.....great food, great atmosphere.....price was not bad for Disney either .... :cool:

CuteAsMinnie
08-16-2012, 05:51 PM
I think the "freshest" meal I've had is the tilapia with mango salsa at the GF cafe. Simply superb!:mickey:

Crow
08-16-2012, 10:24 PM
ive only tried Narcoosees at GF and wasnt impressed..and GF isnt a pic ever of resort to stay, but i have heard a few people say the cafe is good. so mayb a lunch, as long as i can pop over from the park in shorts.

CosmicRay
08-16-2012, 10:42 PM
It's not at the parks but we love the Artist's Palette at SSR's CS restaurant. They make the out of the ordinary dishes (chicken and artichoke flat bread, a KILLER chicken Caesar Salad and tasty pork chops!) even when we are not staying at SSR, we HAVE to go to the Artist's Palette for lunch one day.

Crow
08-16-2012, 11:53 PM
hm. havent really looked at SSR places. walked thru once and took a bus from park to SSR and walked to DD. maybe ill take a look.

#1donaldfan
08-20-2012, 12:20 PM
hm. havent really looked at SSR places. walked thru once and took a bus from park to SSR and walked to DD. maybe ill take a look.

You will not be disappointed .... it was a great meal !!:thumbsup: