PDA

View Full Version : No Planes, but trains and automobiles – Part 4 – Disney’s The BoardWalk Villas 1 Jul

Mickey'sGirl
08-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Cast:
DH – Brian (CanadianWDWFan) Turning 45 on this trip
DS14 – Harry – Celebrating graduating from Grade 8 (High School already?!?!?)
DS8 ˝ – Euan – Celebrating his Half-Birthday because we can’t go down in January
Me – Jennifer – Just happy to be making the trip with my guys!

We woke at a reasonable time and got ready to head over to Epcot. It was Brian’s birthday, so after wishing him well, we were on our way! We went and got Soarin’ fastpasses, then rode Living with the Land and went through Innoventions East before going over to Mission Space. The guys rode Orange while I waited in the very cool end of the ride area. The playground where Euan had spent soooo much time as a little boy was being refurbed, but everything else was up and running. When the guys were done, we crossed back over to Club Cool for some refreshments before boarding the Friendship boat from Mexico across to Germany. We wanted to have lunch at the Tangierine Café, which we did (and enjoyed very much), before accepting an Agent P mission in France. Afterwards we stayed and watched Impressions de France then got some Grey Goose Slushies for our long walk to the International Gateway, and home to the Boardwalk.

We hung out at the hotel for a bit … we were all very hot, and wanted to rest up a little. Before we knew it, it was time to get cleaned up and head to Downtown Disney for Brian’s birthday dinner at Wolfgang Puck’s Café. My single complaint about transportation at the Boardwalk has got to be the bus to Downtown Disney. Ridiculously long, where it stopped at each and every one of the hotels around Crescent Lake (coming and going), and then our driver dropped us all off at the Marketplace rather than West Side. It took 45 minutes for us to get there, and then had to get across DTD to Puck’s for our dinner. Poor Brian looked like he was going to pass out from the heat (it was an oppressively hot day) so we stopped and bought some water and headed on our way again. We did some browsing in the shops and eventually checked in at the podium. Again, I will get into the details separately, but this sushi loving family thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Puck’s, and the service was superior. After dinner, we headed back across to the Marketplace so Euan could visit the LEGO store. We have a few in our city, but none compare to this one in his eyes, and he saves his money to make a purchase each year. This year he bought some Batman LEGO. We browsed in some of the other shops, but the crowds were insane, so we decided to head back home so we could get organized for our move in the morning. The bus ride FROM DTD was every bit as long and irksome as our ride TO DTD, but we got there eventually. We checked out the pin boards, then back to our room to get sorted.

Caroleh
08-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Sounds like another fun day. I agree that they do need to do something with those buses from DTD to BW!!

faline
08-12-2012, 04:12 PM
That does seem to be a long trek to get over to Downtown Disney! The heat can really be bothersome at this time of year.

Still, sounds like a lovely birthday celebration was had by all!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-12-2012, 06:32 PM
A good birthday day!

I'm another vote for the really annoying DTD busses. There has to, just has to be a better way!

AgentC
08-13-2012, 08:07 AM
My son could live in the LEGO store at DTD. :)

Other than the ride to DTD, it sounds like a great birthday day. :thumbsup:

Melanie
08-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Happy Birthday to Brian! :party:

So did they let you out of the International Gateway with your Grey Goose Slushies? ;)

I'll be anxious to read your dining reviews. Never had sushi at Wolfgang's before. May have to in the future!

DizNee143
08-15-2012, 05:50 PM
I know the buses are "free" and we shouldn't really complain..but I don't care what resort I'm at..I always hate waiting for a bus to downtown Disney..it's always turns into such a trip.
Besides that sounds like another nice day :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
08-15-2012, 07:25 PM
So did they let you out of the International Gateway with your Grey Goose Slushies? ;)
I'm almost ashamed to say that they didn't make it that far .... :blush:

Joannelet
08-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Wow that is a long trip to DTD! Other than that it sounds like your hubby had a good birthday!

January-2007
08-17-2012, 05:46 PM
That's why we like to drive to a lot of places when we're there instead of taking the bus. Just easier.

vizsla
08-23-2012, 05:05 AM
Thanks for the report.

Dsnygirl
08-28-2012, 08:23 AM
The heat for those long walks in August can really get ya, can't it?? Glad you had a great destination and even better dinner waiting when you got there... mmmm.... sushi!! Will have to try that... and I agree on the DTD buses... they seem to be bad from everywhere, more buses and a more direct route would be SO much better!!