PDA

View Full Version : Day 4 - Epcot/Magic Kingdom

j2k
08-12-2012, 02:08 AM
We arrived at Epcot at 9am. I ran for Soarin' fastpasses and then we went to the Epcot Character Spot. The line was short and within 10 minutes we were meeting Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, Pluto, and Goofy. Then we were off to use our Soarin' fastpasses.

Next we were off to Akershus for our 11am ADR for the Princess breakfast. The food was OK but DD loved meeting the princesses and that is worth it!! We finished up with breakfast just in time to meet Duffy as we were leaving World Showcase. Then we exited Epcot and boarded the monorail to MK so that DD and DH could experience the monorail. We took the bus back to CSR and arrived at 1:15 for naps.

Then we were off to MK and arrived around 4:15pm. We bought a balloon (inside a balloon)near the entrance and then we rode the Magic Carpets and got Jungle Cruise fastpasses. Then we rode Pirates of the Carribean and used our Jungle Cruise Fastpasses.

The rain clouds were rolling in so we went to the Haunted Mansion hoping to dodge the rain while inside. DD loved the "haunted house" which was a surprise to me. When we exited it was still cloudy but no rain yet so we ran into Columbia Harbor House for Fish baskets, hoping to dodge the rain while there. When we were done it still hadn't rained so we went into the Hall of Presidents (I thought it would be boring but after experiencing it now I think it's a very nice program).

Afterwards it was around 8pm the clouds had cleared out and there was no rain so we grabbed a spot to watch the Electric Parade near Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe at the rock wall near the bridge. I thought it ended up being the perfect spot. We were facing the castle and were not too crowded. I ran to get us Dole Whips while DD and DH saved our spots then I ducked into Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe to purchase a few ornaments for our tree so we can continue the memories every Christmas. When the parade was over we decided to skip the fireworks and left MK around 9:20 since we were all so tired. We arrived at CSR just after 9:30.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-12-2012, 08:16 AM
What a busy day! I have never had your luck at the Character Spot in Epoct, what a good number of characters you got to visit all at once.

j2k
08-12-2012, 10:31 AM
I was surprised at how quick we were able to get through the line. At this point DD hadn't met Pluto and Goofy yet so it was perfect! I told her she hit the character jackpot. :)

faline
08-12-2012, 03:14 PM
It's nice when the rains stay away! Another fun day for you and your family!

Dopey's Girl
08-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Mmm dole whip. I always seem to end up with one of those around parade time too!

j2k
08-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Dole whip, yum!!

yourmagicalguide
08-14-2012, 11:47 AM
The monorail is always such an exciting experience for first-timers :D

Overall, it sounded like another wonderful day. So happy to hear that you ate at Columbia Harbor House! That's our favorite QS in MK :thumbsup: Did you eat upstairs?

It's too bad you couldn't stay for the fireworks since MK has one of the best shows, but I can understand that you and your family were tired after having been out most of the day.

Off to read Day 5 :mickey:

January-2007
08-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks for reporting.