PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 - Animal Kingdom

j2k
08-12-2012, 01:54 AM
Arrived around 9:45. headed straight for the Safari then back for It's Tough to Be a Bug. I had packed PB Sandwiches for us but when I walked near Flame Tree BBQ I could not resist. The smell was wonderful!! I tried talking DH into sharing a half chicken with me and DD but he wanted the pulled pork sandwich so DD and I split the half chicken. It was delicious. DH enjoyed the sandwich as well.

Next we went to see the Festival of the Lion King. That truly was a wonderful show. DD and I absolutely loved it. After the show we met Donald Duck, Chip N Dale, and Baloo in Camp Minnie Mickey then got Safari fastpasses and strolled the Pangani Expedition and then rode the Safari again. Then we took a break for the Mickey ice cream bars and shopped for souvenirs. We left AK and arrived back at CSR around 5:15.

We started to walk down to Pepper Market for dinner but got caught by the rain so we ducked into the stairwell of one of the buildings near the Dig Site where we waited for nearly an hour. Then it was off to Pepper Market for dinner. Afterwards we relaxed in the room and I did our laundry.

It was a lovely relaxing evening.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Flame Tree BBQ is yummy, isn't it? We had it on our last trip, and we're hooked too. ;)

j2k
08-12-2012, 10:28 AM
I had read about Flame Tree BBQ on these boards and knew it was a favorite of many. Once I was near it and smelled it I was hooked. It truly was yummy and will definitely eat there on our next trip. It's also the only place that gave me a cupcake because I was wearing my birthday pin!

faline
08-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Oops - today is the day the rain didn't stay out of your way!

Happy birthday!! :party:

Dopey's Girl
08-12-2012, 10:00 PM
The wonderful smells from Flame Tree have changed our dining plans once or twice too. So yummy!

Another great day!

j2k
08-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Oops - today is the day the rain didn't stay out of your way!

Happy birthday!! :party:

Thank you for the birthday wishes!!

j2k
08-12-2012, 11:39 PM
The wonderful smells from Flame Tree have changed our dining plans once or twice too. So yummy!

Another great day!

You too?!? The smell just makes my mouth water. I couldn't resist.

yourmagicalguide
08-14-2012, 11:40 AM
I don't blame you for ditching the PB sandwiches for delicious Flame Tree BBQ! So yummy :tasty:

We also love Festival of the Lion King :thumbsup: It's definitely a must-see!

Despite the rain, it sounds like you and your family had a magical day :mickey:

Hope you had a happy birthday :party:

LandFan
08-15-2012, 12:58 PM
FlameTree is AMAZING!! Can't blame you there! That is where we ALWAYS eat lunch when we are at AK!

Happy Birthday :mickey:

January-2007
08-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Thank you for reporting.