PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 - MK / Epcot

j2k
08-12-2012, 01:28 AM
Arrive at CSR at 7:15am and was pleasantly surprised to find our room was available! We were in Ranchos building 7A near Bus Stop 3. We hurried to unpack the car and hop in the bus to Magic Kingdom. We arrived at 9, perfect timing for park opening!

My DD's eyes were wide and the smile on her face was priceless as this was her first trip to WDW. We waited in line to meet Daisy Duck then went to see Mickey in the Backstage Theatre. I exchanged my Photopass voucher for a card while I was there and we bought DD a Princess ears headband.

We walked down Main Street and had our picture taken a couple times by the Photopass photographers then it was off to FantasyLand. I was going to get Fastpasses for Peter Pan but was surprised when someone gave us theirs as we were waiting at the fastpass machines. :)
So I quickly went get fastpasses for Dumbo and was also given a "surprise" fastpass for Mickey's PhilHarmagic.

We used the Peter Pan fastpass then rode It's a Small World and then we saw the PhilHarmagic show. We moved on to the Tea Cups, used our Dumbo fastpasses and then rode the Carousel. Then I went to get fastpasses for Winne the Pooh and was also given a "surprise" fastpass for Dumbo. We went down to Goofy's Barnstormer and then had lunch at Cosmic Ray's.

Next we did the Pooh and Tigger meet n greet then used our fastpasses for the Pooh and then the Dumbo rides. The rain clouds were rolling in so we boarded the train around 3pm at the Fantasyland station and rode it to the front of the park to take the bus back to CSR.

We all took naps (very easy to do when the rain is pouring outside :) ) When the rain stopped we went to Epcot (arrived around 6pm). There was no line for Spaceship Earth so we rode it. My DD called it fake outerspace, I couldn't help but laugh. :) Then we did Living Seas with Nemo and Turtle Talk with Crush. We decided to wait in the standby line for Soarin'. I decided I won't be doing that again when the wait is an hour long.

After Soarin' we walked down to the entrance to World Showcase and waited for Illuminations. We returned to CSR around 10pm exhausted but it was worth it! It was a very fun first day experience for DD and DH first trip to WDW.

:mickey:

AgentC
08-12-2012, 02:08 AM
Great first day. Thanks for sharing.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-12-2012, 08:11 AM
What a great first day! "Fake Outerspace" ... I love that! :thumbsup:

mgmnut
08-12-2012, 08:44 AM
What a Great first day! You've gotten to see so much already

j2k
08-12-2012, 10:22 AM
The whole day was great. DH and DD had never been and I hadn't been in 13 years so it truly was great!

I was surprised by how quickly and easily we were able to do all of Fantasyland. DH instantly fell in love with how clean the parks were. CSR was wonderful. A truly great experience!

faline
08-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Coronado Springs is such a lovely resort! Good choice!!

Sounds like your daughter's first Disney visit is off to a terrific start!

Dopey's Girl
08-12-2012, 09:55 PM
As a fan of Disney, there is nothing better to me than getting to see a child's first reaction to MK. So cool!

Great first day!

January-2007
08-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Thanks so much for the trip report!

j2k
08-12-2012, 11:33 PM
The first day was great. Tired but worth it.
I originally had a completely different plan but knew that MK was a must for DD and DH first time.

yourmagicalguide
08-14-2012, 11:08 AM
What an awesome first day! :thumbsup:

How great to hear that not only was your room available much earlier than normal, but that you got to MK at opening, received several surprise fastpasses, had time for an afternoon nap, and made it to Epcot all in the same day? Talk about amazing :D

Can't wait to read more! :mickey:

DisneyDINK
08-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Yeah, thanks! I'll be staying at CSR for the first time in Feb. (unless there is some amazing discount on WL or BC) I fly into MCO about 6:00am, just like I did last time and my room at the Poly was available as well. I hope I can get the early check-in this time too!

buzznwoodysmom
08-14-2012, 06:26 PM
What a great 1st day ever for your family members. Love the look on children's faces the first time they see the castle. Priceless.

It's crazy to read about other's vacations. We all vacation so differently. Many, like you guys, check in and hop on the first bus to MK. Others, like myself like to take that first day slow and not even go to a park. That's what makes the world go round, right?