PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Trip report

BigRedDad
08-11-2012, 03:47 PM
We are a long way away (~200 days). I wanted to stay at AoA, but the distance from the main lobby and buses is too much for my mother to walk after a day in the park. We chose are standard preferred rooms at Pop. It is a little more right now because we are well away from the discounts.

We held off on another Disney trip until the FLE was complete. We are going March 1-10. This will give us 9 full days in the park at a time the weather should be nice (I know, it can fluctuate from 30-90 degrees this time of year). We went for school one time around this time and it was 75 in south FL when we left at 5AM and it was 40 when we got to WDW (pre-internet and 5AM news). We all went in shorts and t-shorts and froze our hineys off.

The good news is we do not need to pack snacks (1 less suitcase). We have a friend coming up from south FL for the first weekend. I will take her car for all of the in room needs. This saves us for breakfasts and snacks.

We will only be doing 1 sit down ADR meal. Most likely, we will try to hit 'Ohanas on March 2 or March 3. We will probably walk up to Tony's because we had such an excellent inexpensive sit down dinner there once as well.

Now, we will just sit and wait for MJ (Wendy) to find room only discounts for Pop or an upgrade to a moderate for about the same amount of money.

faline
08-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Happy planning!

Dopey's Girl
08-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Fun! It will be here before you know it!

January-2007
08-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the pre trip report.