PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer game in mk

Lizzie
08-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Looking to find info on this.

AgentC
08-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Was there something special you wanted to know about?

SotMK is game played using RFID cards and video screens throughout Main St, Fantasyland, Adventureland, Liberty Square and Frontierland. Hades is trying to take over MK and has recruited Disney villians to help.

You start at the firehouse where you will get a pack of 5 cards and a key card. Unless something has changed you are limited to getting 1 pack per day per ticket.

The key card is used to open the "portal" and saves your progress. Each portal will show part of the story and then you fight the villian by using one of your cards to cast a spell. Different cards have different attacks and may be combined.

My 6 year old loves it and you will also find lots of adults playing. Depending on how long the lines are at each portal , a segment could take up to an hour.

joanna71985
08-12-2012, 07:08 PM
You start at the firehouse where you will get a pack of 5 cards and a key card. Unless something has changed you are limited to getting 1 pack per day per ticket.

You can get more packs when you "level up" (which right now is basically beating all 9 villains once, as you go right back to easy after finishing Hades).

Quadstriker
08-12-2012, 07:22 PM
The cards are a nice quality and fun to collect. Here's a few of ours in a flip binder we got of Amazon.

Cards! (http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/Shenanigansguild/sorcerercards.jpg)

DisnIse
08-13-2012, 08:44 AM
It's a more advanced take on the Kim Possible / Phineas and Ferb adventures at EPCOT. Totally cool.
My twin 9 year old and 13 year old boys were completely into it this summer. If you're a parks "regular" then it definitely gives you something new and different and fun.... but if it's your one-and-only-trip for a long time, I wouldn't plan to save the kindgom.
A CM told us that each adventure in each "land" takes about 10-15 minutes, which sounds about right. You can do as many adventures as you want in a day - the game will keep you moving for sure!

BigRedDad
08-13-2012, 09:05 AM
This is very cool. I am glad I saw the post. How long will this be going on for, if anyone knows?

Tigerinvestigator
08-14-2012, 04:19 PM
This game is alot of fun, especially late at night when the parks are less crowded. I played with all three of my girls and we got five pack of cards each day we went to the MK. What is really cool is the cards. When you hold the card up, it is that exact spell that is cast on the villain. Some villains require more than one spell. My favorite was the headless horseman spell and I also liked Pumba's gas which was hilarious. Each time you play it is different and my kids.....ok I loved collecting as many of the cards as possible. :thumbsup:

BigRedDad
08-15-2012, 10:45 AM
I am glad I read this and have done a little research. I was a "trading card game"-aholic. I played Magic for a very long time. After I realized how much of a time and money sink it was, I stopped, got rid of everything, and moved on. Now, this comes along and I am addicted before I get to start.

joanna71985
08-15-2012, 11:52 AM
This is very cool. I am glad I saw the post. How long will this be going on for, if anyone knows?

I don't see it ending anytime soon (especially since they are going to be releasing booster packs, and a game, later this month).