PDA

View Full Version : Here Comes Honey Boo Boo!

missastrocat
08-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Okay, so some of you are probably just groaning at the title. Did anyone else watch and enjoy the show? I thought it was nice and refreshing to see a "normal" family on television. Last night I told my DH (who watched it with me) It was like watching Rosanne and America's Funniest Home Video's baby. :laughing:

Can you imagine if that family went to Disney World? Now that would be something to watch. I'd love to see their reactions to people.

buzznwoodysmom
08-10-2012, 05:58 PM
I had to laugh at your "normal" family comment. I thought that family was anything but normal. No one I know is anything like this family. LOL.

I'm not a fan of toddlers and tiaras, but sometimes when flipping through the channels I can't help but stop and watch for a few minutes (I do the same with Dance Moms even though I can't stand the dance instructor). We saw a part of the episode with "honey boo boo". My son's and I laughed about "honey boo boo child" for days, and my youngest son can impersonate her perfectly. So of course when we saw the new show we watched the first episode. I thought it was boring and stupid to be honest. Definitely not a fan!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-10-2012, 07:03 PM
I wasn't a fan either. I worry about what happens when she realizes that people are laughing AT her, not with her.

Oh well, we watched for about 15 minutes and were bored, there needs to be more to a show than farting and burping.

I'm sure there will be lots who enjoy it, but it just didn't work for me.

Melanie
08-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Oh my, something else that got way too much discussion during our podcast taping last night. Oy.

Ian
08-10-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm fairly certain this show signals the impending downfall of civilized society as we know it.

Dopey's Girl
08-10-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm fairly certain this show signals the impending downfall of civilized society as we know it.

I'm absolutely sure I agree with Ian. I thought the show was disgusting.

missastrocat
08-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Wow. Maybe it's because of the things I hear working in a school system, but it's pretty hard to surprise me nowadays. I do not disagree with you all on some of your points. It's nice to see a family doing things together. The shock value was definitely there for bits, but that's why they got their own spin-off show.

I'll go back to the downton abbey thread. :tiptoe:

Ian
08-10-2012, 08:41 PM
The girl’s mother, June Shannon, revealed the secret of Alana’s wild antics and manic behavior to Good Morning America: Go-Go juice.

More specifically: Mountain Dew and Red Bull mixed in a bottle and chugged before pageant time.

Shannon says, "I tried feeding her two bags of Pixie Stix, but it didn’t have the desired energizing effect."Sounds more like child abuse than a TV show if you ask me.

1DisneyNut
08-10-2012, 08:45 PM
I didn't watch the show....the commercials were so redneck trashy and obnoxious, there is no way in the world I could stand to watch the show. Life is going to give that little obnoxious girl a back hand at some point.

TinkerbellT421
08-10-2012, 09:01 PM
The 30second commercial I have seen in passing was enough to convince me that this show would not be worth my caring or time. And based on some of your opinions I'm not sorry I missed it! these types of shows just embarrass and sicken me. On so many levels. I won't be watching....

CosmicRay
08-10-2012, 09:35 PM
WOW! Where have I been! I guess I've been sucked into the Olympics that I hadn't even heard of this show! I'm all into TV shows that are train wrecks! I don't necessarily want to watch them all the time, but I think I'm going to have to watch one episode to see what it's all about.

buzznwoodysmom
08-10-2012, 09:54 PM
the commercials were so redneck trashy and obnoxious, there is no way in the world I could stand to watch the show.

We watched the first episode just to see, and we couldn't stand to watch the entire show either. While it definitely was obnoxious and trashy, it was also super boring. I can't imagine enough people will tune in for it to last. It's just so bad of a show.

MNNHFLTX
08-11-2012, 12:00 AM
Saw previews of this show, which was enough to convince me that it was not for me. Really hate this trend in reality shows exploiting young children. How is this entertainment?

CajunDisneyDad
08-11-2012, 07:47 AM
I am sure this family can be called many things...Normal is not one of them lol. I refuse to watch anything like that. But somebody has to be watching these shows... YOu can keep this, dancemom's (with the dance instructor Jabba the hutt), Jersey Shore... I will watch my Big Bang Theory and The office :)

Christine
08-11-2012, 06:26 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about?! But I'm intrigued! Lol!:blush:

Kenny1113
08-11-2012, 06:46 PM

Sadly this is just one of many. :(

I saw clips of this show on my favorite show "the soup". This show looks disturbing, not sure who gave the go ahead or why it got it. :confused::ack:

Disney4us2
08-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Just saw a few minutes of it... enough said:ack:

jmj18
08-11-2012, 10:09 PM

I couldn't agree more!

:mickey:

jmj18
08-11-2012, 10:12 PM
I didn't watch the show....the commercials were so redneck trashy and obnoxious, there is no way in the world I could stand to watch the show. Life is going to give that little obnoxious girl a back hand at some point.

LOL...I didn't watch either...the commercials totally turned me off!

:mickey:

JanetMegan
08-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Ok I'm still watching...I have to say and maybe this is the redneck in me (I have a lot) I actually think the show is a little endearing. I mean, these are real people. The hubby/SO buying that deer as a gift was pretty darn funny. I do find it a little sad that June is going to be a grandmother at 32...I'm 35 without kids-so that is scary!

I don't know, I mean I have read a lot lot of bad press about the show, negative comments of course. But you know...from the 4-5 episodes I have seen so far...it's a family. Every family has querks, etc. They might have more than usual of course...but bottom line they are living together trying to make it work. Pretty much like every other family in America. Only with a pet pig, and a train in the backyard, and a stockpile of TP (which is a bit smaller after this week's episode.)

IamBelle
08-25-2012, 11:16 AM
I don't watch the show, I've just seen commercials. I heard that social services is looking into the family because of feeding the kids Red Bull and pixie sticks during the beauty pagents...I don't know, I feel like a lot of the parents do that on Toddlers and Tiaras. That is definitely not a healthy thing to do to a child.