08-10-2012, 05:28 PM
End of summer hoorah!

Cast:
Me- Denise- 35
DS- Collin- 12
DS- Landon- 10
DMom- Sheila- 60

Thrusday July 26
We left home around 6pm and drove the two hours to where my husband goes to drill with the National Guard. Tomorrow after we leave for WDW he is leaving for his 3 week summer training in Germany. We arrived at our “home” hotel that we stay at almost once a month when he has drill. We had a quick dinner downstairs, then went fill up my vehicle and were in bed super early. It’s amazing how much better I slept in a hotel than I would have at home. At home I’m always thinking about what I might have forgotten to do, what I have to remember to turn off or unplug in the morning. It was nice to know everything at home was taken care of and all I had to do was get up and go in the morning.

Friday, July 27
We were up early and on the road before 5am. The location where DH goes to drill is an hour closer to WDW than home so we “only” had an 11 hour drive, instead of our usual 12! We had an uneventful drive there and were on Disney grounds just before 5pm! Even though we go to WDW quite often, it’s still exciting to pass through the gates and see the purple road signs and our first monorail. We made a video of us counting down and screaming when we got on property and sent a text to make all our Disney friends and family jealous! LOL.

Our first stop was Shades of Green to purchase tickets. In the past the line to get tickets was always super long. On our trip in December there was no one in line, and the same was true this time. We had our tickets and were back in the car in record time. Headed to our first of many “homes”. For anyone who didn’t read my pre trip report we are booked at 4, yes I said 4, different resorts for this trip.

We arrived at Kidani Village and were quickly checked in. This was our first time staying at Kidani. We have stayed at Jambo House twice, and I think I prefer Jambo to Kidani. We were only there for one night but the lack of a decent place to get QS food would make a longer stay tough. I don’t like having to look for food when my family gets hungry and just wants a quick bite to eat.

We were supposed to stay in a value resort this first night, but a dear friend of mine rented us the one bedroom for the same price we would have paid for the value. She was going to lose the points anyway so it was a win/win. We were in a one bedroom Savannah view room, and oh my how we loved it. The one bedroom was the perfect size for a family of 4. I will definitely look into renting a one bedroom at other locations in the future. Upon arrival there weren’t a whole lot of animals out to see. Landon was bummed about that, but in the morning there would be lots to see! After checking it out and the boys “ohhing and ahhing” over the one bedroom we headed to the pool.

The boys had a blast at the pool, while my mom and I ordered adult beverages from the pool bar. It’s not officially vacation till I have a pina colava at the pool!:papple: We joined the boys in the pool and it wasn’t long before the sky turned black. We decided to get out and see about ordering dinner from the pool bar. Nothing looked all that appealing and in the end we decided to stop in the gift shop for a frozen pizza to cook in the room. This would be the first time I ever cooked in WDW. I have to admit, I never thought I’d enjoy having a kitchen, but a $5.99 pizza was actually better than anything we saw on the pool bar menu. I even washed our swim suits so they would be fresh for the rest of the trip. Having a washer and dryer is almost priceless on a weeklong vacation with lots of swimming! Definitely loving all that comes with the one bedroom.

Landon and I took turns trying out the enormous tub in the master bath! I have a jetted tub at home, but this one is huge! We basically just hung out in the room for the remainder of the night. The boys enjoyed Disney TV and we got to bed fairly early. Tomorrow would be our first official day in WDW and we are moving to CBR!

Lindsey310
08-10-2012, 06:01 PM
So exciting!!! I am jealous! Good thing I will be there in 19 days!!! Have a magical day! :mickey:

faline
08-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Fun start to your trip! Yes, I'm growing to love that in-room washer/dryer!!!

TiggeRia
08-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Sounds like a great start! Pina Colavas are my absolute favorite!!

January-2007
08-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks for reporting!

Dopey's Girl
08-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Great first day! Can't wait to read more!

Here we go again...
08-30-2012, 07:53 PM
I am a little late reading the reports but I had to come check them out.
Sounds like a great day. I am so happy that you liked the 1 bedroom. It is hard to go back to a studio. Lol.