PDA

View Full Version : New Fantasyland Ride?

steamboat willy
08-10-2012, 12:22 PM
With the announcement of a December 6th Opening for The New Fantasyland area and expansion of attractions, rides and restaurants, has anyone heard if the "Journey Of The Little Mermaid" ride will be accessible from a wheelchair? Not sure what the vehicle will be? I remember 20k Leagues not being due to the steps one had to decent to get to your seat in the sub. Looking forward to our first December :tree: Disney Trip in many, many years. :cool:

Melanie
08-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Moving this to the Guests With Special Needs forum for more discussion. :)

NewDVCowner
08-10-2012, 01:18 PM
I believe that this ride is a copy of the one at Disneyland. If that's the case there is a special ride vehicle for wheelchairs that the chair can be taken right into the clam shell.

Strmchsr
08-10-2012, 01:35 PM
It's very much like the Finding Nemo vehicle in Epcot. I believe they have one where you don't have to transfer. Not 100% about that, but I'm fairly certain that was the case.

Disney Doll
09-06-2012, 11:06 AM
The ride vehicles look almost identical to Nemo. Nemo does have a clam with a half seat and a fold out ramp to accommodate a wheelchair. I would assume they will have a similar set up for Little Mermaid.

BrerGnat
09-06-2012, 11:33 AM
As mentioned, this is an omnimover attraction and the vehicle is actually more similar to the Haunted Mansion vehicles than to the Finding Nemo vehicles at Epcot. Subtle differences. However, there are no stairs to negotiate or anything like that.

Disney Hungarian
09-06-2012, 11:40 AM
According to the Disneyland website; the ride only requires a transfer from an ECV to an available wheelchair. :thumbsup:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneys-california-adventure/little-mermaid-ariels-undersea-adventure/

zaksmom
10-26-2012, 07:40 PM
We rode this ride last week. It is a dark ride with a car very similar to Nemo in Epcot. My son uses a manual wheelchair. You will be guided to the exit and be loaded before the others are loaded. The ride has a special car that has a ramp that can be folded down while the ride is still moving. The CM rolls the wheelchair into place and then folds the ramp up. the ride does not stop. At the beginning of the ride the car turns backwards and goes down a very small hill. The chair didn't tip or anything. The car will turn to face the various scenes. We really enjoyed the ride. Hope this helps.