PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP and MVMCP Question

faberj
08-10-2012, 10:21 AM
To anyone that has gone to these parties how are the dance parties that they have??? My 2 yr old DS LOVES to dance, and I really think he would get a kick out of dancing with his favorite disney friends.

I was just wondering if it is geared towards children that small.
How crowded are they as I don't want him to get trampled by a bunch of older kids.

Just looking for feedback from those of you that have attended the dance parties.

Thanks!

faline
08-10-2012, 10:23 AM
We've not participated in these parties but have stopped to watch a few times. Typically, we've not seen huge crowds participating in this activity. Still, since your little one is only 2, you may want to keep hin on the fringes of the activity so you could more easily move him out of harm's way should it appear that someone doesn't notice him as they move about.

alongfortheride
08-12-2012, 02:35 AM
I wouldn't turn a 2 yr old loose in there, but he should be fine with you close by. I've never seen them get too rowdy for small children. If your child can hang later in the evening, it starts thinning out towards the end of the party. That's when there will be more opportunity for 1 on 1 time with the characters on the dance floor.

BigRedDad
08-12-2012, 06:08 AM
I have been to both. For the money, I am severely unimpressed. The crowds are too large, you cannot get everything in on one night, and seeing the characters in special costumes are a huge draw. For $50+ for a night, you just don't get that much value.

As for the dance parties, I have seen the one by SM. It is cram packed, kids flock the characters when they come down, and kids can disappear quickly in the crowd.

WDW&MK
08-12-2012, 07:27 AM
If you can go to the parties as early in the season as possible, I think that would help. We go to the first MNSSHP and the dance parties are really not crowded at all - especially if you get there early in the evening and do that as one of your first activities.

TheVBs
08-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Went to a Sept. MNSSHP and the girls (then 11 & 7) LOVED the dance party. They would have loved it at 2yrs old too. It wasn't too crowded. The kids were all giving each other a good amount of space. There was good character interaction, no mobbing. I would still stick close to a 2 year old of course. But, we thought the dance party (we did Stitch's in Tomorrowland) was a big :thumbsup: .