PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

disneycutie165
08-09-2012, 03:36 PM
I happened to be scanning eBay the other night for Disney stuffed animals (I happen to be an avid collector :secret:) and I came across a stuffed Scar from Lion King, which I also happen to have. We found him at a stand in Africa in Epcot in 2003. What surprised me was the fact that it said "rare" next to it and what also surprised me was that it had $135 on it! Is this really an accurate price for a stuffed Scar? Is it worth selling? I really don't want to part with it, because Scar happens to be my all-time favorite. But I just wanted to share my amazement with how much it was worth!

Melanie
08-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Is that what the person trying to sell it has it listed for, or have folks bid up that much on it?

PopPhan
08-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Did it actually SELL for that price, or was this just what the owner listed it for?

People will buy what they want and pay whatever they can afford for things like this and when the word RARE is in the description they will pay more. Why? I have no idea!! LOL

As far as whether or not you should sell yours, ask yourself if the memories are more important or is a possible 'windfall profit' more important?

Personally, if I was not in a monetary bind, the memories would win by a landslide!!

gerald72
08-09-2012, 05:40 PM
I just sold my daughter's Disney plush collection on eBay! Maybe you bought some of them!

disneycutie165
08-09-2012, 10:20 PM
No, no one has yet to bid on it. I'm kinda thinking it was a very high off the wall price because someone was wanting some money! Some of the others said 'rare' and weren't priced nearly as bad. Considering that they don't sell him anymore makes me want to keep him even more!

Madame Leona
08-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Truly, something is only worth what someone else would pay for it. I would only sell Scar if you can get enough for another Disney vacation :mickey:

disneycutie165
08-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Truly, something is only worth what someone else would pay for it. I would only sell Scar if you can get enough for another Disney vacation :mickey:

Now that's a plan! :funny: Only if someone is willing to pay for my next trip!