PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Faire Update - new concept art

Melanie
08-09-2012, 11:55 AM
From Disney Parks Blog

Last week, I told you we would have more to share about the all-new Fantasy Faire coming to Disneyland park, so here’s another treat for you. These pieces of concept art, just released by Walt Disney Imagineering, offer a first glimpse inside the Royal Hall at Fantasy Faire, where you’ll be able to spend time meeting some of your favorite Disney Princesses.

The art gives you a sense of the rich detail and beauty coming to this new corner of Fantasyland. Of course, concept art being just that, some aspects may be subject to change, such as the specific Disney Princesses visiting the Royal Hall on any given day.

The new Fantasy Faire opens in spring 2013. Until then, you can meet Disney Royalty elsewhere in Fantasyland, along the path to “it’s a small world.” Be sure to stop by The Disneyland Story inside the Main Street Opera House at Disneyland park to see this concept art in person, in the “Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow” section of the exhibit, beginning August 10.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
08-10-2012, 12:19 AM
It all looks decent.
The impact to the view at the hub is my biggest concern.

:smickey:

Melanie
08-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Scott, can you explain to me exactly where this is going to be located?

MegaDisney
08-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Melanie it is to the left of the Castle where the swing dance floor (Carnation Gardens) was located, i.e. to your right as you enter Frontierland.

And I agree with Scott. I am wondering if you will enter from the Hub, or they will somehow make the entrance from Fantasyland.

Melanie
08-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Melanie it is to the left of the Castle where the swing dance floor (Carnation Gardens) was located, i.e. to your right as you enter Frontierland.

And I agree with Scott. I am wondering if you will enter from the Hub, or they will somehow make the entrance from Fantasyland.

Oh, interesting. Hmm.

PirateLover
08-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Ah, interesting. We took some pics of the construction going on, but didn't know what it was for... I can definitely see how it might affect the view at the hub. I'll email the pics to guest relations if you'd like to see (I haven't uploaded any to a public site yet).

Melanie
08-12-2012, 07:08 AM
Got 'em. Thanks Maryanne!:thumbsup:

Lindsey310
08-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Another excuse to go back next year!! :yay:

tinkwest
08-12-2012, 11:49 AM
I still have reservations about Fantasyland spilling out in to the hub. But I'll bet that after it has been around a while it will all seem natural.

BrerGnat
08-13-2012, 09:28 AM
I think it will blend in quite nicely, to be honest. That area has always been somewhat hidden behind trees as you approach from the front, and it appears that the new building will be themed well to match the castle. The colors look to be dark enough that they will blend in with the surrounding foliage, and you will mostly just notice the small pink and blue "castle" turrets peeking out from the top.

tinkwest
01-31-2013, 06:52 PM
from the Disney Parks Blog:

One of the highlights of Fantasy Faire will be the Royal Theatre, where you’ll be treated to two unique shows relating the tales of “Beauty and the Beast” and “Tangled,” as told by a pair of Renaissance Storytellers, Mr. Smythe and Mr. Jones.

Messieurs Smythe and Jones are men of the theatre and lovers of legend and lore. The storytellers present the tale as old as time and the hair-raising tale of Rapunzel, with the assistance of some fellow villagers, all to the musical accompaniment of Sir Samuel of Morocco. Even Belle, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider appear onstage to help tell their own stories.

“We’re using our imaginations to create these stories,” said Show Director Chris Utley. “The storytellers will play a variety of roles, filling in as the other characters. They may put on a costume accessory to pretend to be Beast, or Gaston or Mother Gothel. ”

“The stories are told in a fast-paced, whimsical kind of way – very fun and theatrical,” said Chris. “It’s kind of a Renaissance vaudeville style, and the two guys are reminiscent of the old comedy duos of Gallagher & Shean, Abbott & Costello and Laurel & Hardy. They tell their stories with a lot of humor and heart.”

The storytellers will take to the stage of the Royal Theatre when Fantasy Faire opens on March 12.

Melanie
02-01-2013, 11:19 AM
They have a lot of work to do before March 12!

MNNHFLTX
02-01-2013, 11:41 AM
They have a lot of work to do before March 12!I was thinking the same thing, Mel!

TwinPrincesses
02-16-2013, 11:48 PM
Although my kids are older, and not so thrilled about meeting characters anymore, I am really excited about the storytellers. I remember years ago, didn't they have storytellers inside the store in Fantasyland, I think they were Princess characters though. I really liked that.