PDA

View Full Version : Live Trip Report part 2!!!!!

honeebee86
08-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Day 2 continued.......

So since we are getting some laundry done back at the hotel I thought I should quickly post what we have accomplished since we last left off. First, I forgot to say that we did take the monorail back to downtown Disney and walked back to our hotel when we took our break yesterday. So after our break, we went back to Disneyland last night and saw the Tiki room and I am so sad that I didn't know you were allowed to eat the dole whips inside the show. I realized how short the line was inside the waiting area and was tempted to get one but figured I wouldn't be able to finish it before the show started. :( We decided to share a Jambalaya bread bowl and watched the comedy show at the Golden Horseshoe. On our way to Tomorrowland, we were just in time to see the parade. Then we walked around and decided to just go into Innovations to check it out. It was a good place to cool off and some things were neat. We pretty much took time to enjoy the cooling weather and take pictures before we went and sat at the River Belle Terrace to watch Fantasmic. We arrived about an hour and a half before the 9:00pm show and it was good because we got to sit. We then made our way out of the park since we had an early day tomorrow at California Adventures. I was so happy with how much we got done and felt great until my husband reminded me to take one last look down Main Street since it would be the last time we saw it at night :( I love how Main Street looks at night whether it is here or at WDW! We still have to do a few more things on our last day. Luckily we have until about 6pm to accomplish them! We want to see Moments with Lincoln, Splash Mountain (now that I am aware that it is indeed different), Autopia, and anything else we can squeeze in. We also need to get some pictures of us! We have so many of the scenery but we are not in them! LOL.

Day 3

We woke up bright and early to get ready and had the hotel call us a taxi to pick us up at 7am. We were on time but our taxi was about 10 minutes behind. Then, there was some confusion which quickly got sorted out and we were on our way. Then, we realized we were being dropped of the end of Downtown Disney and not at the main entrance like yesterday. Oh well, we decided to quickly walk through and we made it to the gates of California Adventure at about 7:30am. We were a little intimidated because, like everyone else, we wanted to go get FP's for Radiator Springs, and we can no clue where we were really going. Luckily, the CM's make it easy to find the line. We got in line and had to wait until 8am for the FP machines to open up. My loving husband ran over to the Starbucks and got us drinks to give us a little wake-up call. We made it to the machine in about 10 minutes and had a return for 10:45am to 11:45am. Awesome! We then decided to go to grab a FP for WoC. We got blue for the first showing! Awesome again!!! We literally walked onto Soarin' after that! When in Epcot does that happen? Next, we headed to get Monster Inc and Muppets done....however....Monsters Inc was not running:( Ok.....lets head to Paradise Pier. We walked onto Mermaid and then headed to Toy Story. The posted wait was 30 minutes so we decided to wait it out considering we are used to seeing much longer waits at Hollywood Studios. We were in line and reaching the final stretch just before the loading area when the dreaded announcement came on that the ride was not running and asking everyone to vacate the queue. :( Why does all the bad things happen at once! LOL. We decided we would get up our nerves and ride Screamin' since we saw that it had a 5 minute wait earlier....well....that wasn't running now either! That's ok....we weren't really quite ready for that anyhow. Back to Hollywood Studios we went to see if Monsters was back on. It was!!!! 10 minutes later we were on our way to Muppets. We caught the complete intro-show!!! We love this intro-show!!! Then we made our way to Radiator Springs because it was now our time to ride!!!!:number1: We zipped through the FP line and were seated within 5 minutes! Yes, finally things are turning around! We then walked around Carsland and took in all the details. We took lots of pictures and grabbed some pretzel bites and a souvenir cone cup (so adorable!). We then made our way to see the first performance of Aladdin. Next, we went back to Paradise Pier and decided it was time to ride Screamin'. We waited 10 minutes and were on the ride! :mickey: We then grabbed lunch at Flo's, yummy, and made our way out of the park. After laundry is done, we will go back and do a few more fun things that were things we put in the "if we have time" file. Hopefully we can ride Screamin' again too! I wish we could take another ride on Radiator Springs....but....umm no! LOL! Also, we will try again for Toy Story. Then we will go at 8pm to stand in line to make sure we can get a great location to watch WoC. Tonight we will go to Downtown Disney to do some shopping and then go back to pack most of our things. Tomorrow we will be back at Disneyland to say our goodbyes :( Since we have covered most everything we really wanted to, I am going to start a new post on what these WDW vets think of Disneyland. I will add later our thoughts on WoC.

faline
08-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Loved the Aladdin show there!

It's funny how Soarin' always seems to be a walk-on there!

Am very interested in hearing your thoughts about Disneyland.