PDA

View Full Version : bakery in France

peter's #1 fan
08-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Hi I just saw in the news section that the bakery in France will be renovated. It said to be done end of Dec. Does this mean when I'm there from Nov 28- Dec 6 that it won't be open?::(

Strmchsr
08-08-2012, 04:33 PM
That's probably the case. This refurb is pretty extensive. It's basically a rebuild more than a refurbishment. It'll have a new name - Boulangerie Pâtisserie Des Halles - with new menu and expanded seating. They're making it more like a true modern French bakery with sandwiches and more options than just sweets. Right now no date has been announced beyond "probably some time in December." That doesn't sound like an early December opening is very likely.

Christine
08-08-2012, 06:07 PM
It's high time too! That is a much needed reno...it's always crowded and needs a better flow. :chef:

Pirate Granny
08-08-2012, 07:43 PM
:(

MinnieMommie
08-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Does anyone know the closure date?

Strmchsr
08-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Does anyone know the closure date?

I think it closed Aug 1. Not 100% sure about that. I know Bistro de Paris closed Aug 1 and the two were being done in conjunction. The problem is there has never been an official announcement from WDW about the Boulangerie Patisserie refurb. Never a closing or opening date given. So, don't know. If it's not already closed it will be very, very soon. Then there's two rumored re-opening dated - Dec 2012 and March 2013. Again, no way to know which is correct.

azcavalier
08-09-2012, 02:52 PM
NOOOOOOOO!!!! We're going from Nov. 10 - 18th, but we're bringing friends who have spent years in France, and their Mom who is a Francophile. We've been raving to them about the Bakery! Aaaugh!

azcavalier
08-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Is there any chance that they will have a cart or something to kind of keep the bakery open during renovations?

Kairi_7378
08-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Is there any chance that they will have a cart or something to kind of keep the bakery open during renovations?

I hope so! This was something that I was looking forward to on our trip as well, and it seems that there is very little information available for it. I was really looking forward to snacking around the WS with DS this year, and he is waaaay too young to try any of the slushie drinks.

Madame Leona
08-12-2012, 12:03 PM
My son was really looking forward to the bakery also this year. He's never been one to try new foods but he's branching out and for some reason the idea of a French Bakery appealed to him. Oh well. Guess we'll have to head back again after it reopens :thumbsup:

KathyMO
08-14-2012, 07:53 AM
From yesterdays DisneyParks Blog:

Guests may not even notice the construction, as the downstairs Les Chefs de France remains open, as well as the Boulangerie Patisserie bakery and pastry shop.

Tell us about the new bakery.

JB: We have a new building under construction at the back of the pavilion [the theater exit area]. We’ll have a bread oven, and do baking for all three restaurants there in a show bakery.

Are you changing the Boulangerie Patisserie menu?

JB: We are expanding the menu to add salads and sandwiches so our guests can have a meal in the bakery, with about 90 seats.

And what happens to the old pastry shop?

JB: It’s our new Glacier ice cream parlor!

Strmchsr
08-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

BlueDorrie
08-14-2012, 10:24 AM
From yesterdays DisneyParks Blog:

Guests may not even notice the construction, as the downstairs Les Chefs de France remains open, as well as the Boulangerie Patisserie bakery and pastry shop.

So glad it will remain open. :cloud9: DH and I look forward to the pastries at the Boulangerie Patisserie!

Pally
08-14-2012, 12:31 PM
So happy to see it is going to be open. I had been raving to my sister about this place. She as never been to Disney. It is a must do on our list of places to go. Love getting a treat there any time of day or night. Ham and Cheese croissant is very good. :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
08-17-2012, 09:46 AM
The announcement that the Boulangerie Patisserie is staying open during this rebuild really made my day yesterday. The whole first day of my Icot15 trip is based on me walking over to Epcot from BC to buy us lunch to enjoy at Stormalong Bay!

azcavalier
08-17-2012, 09:53 AM
This not only made my day, but everyone who is going on our trip. We're taking a family (first timers) where both parents and the grandma are not just foodies, but Francophiles. They were really bummed when we thought it would be shut down. Can't wait to eat a Napoleon!

johnO
08-17-2012, 02:01 PM
We love the pastry shop! Napoleons are AMAZING!

Kairi_7378
08-17-2012, 09:10 PM
The announcement that the Boulangerie Patisserie is staying open during this rebuild really made my day yesterday.

Me too!

We haven't stopped here before... what's the best thing to get here?

jnfr2424
08-21-2012, 05:06 AM
Me too!

Everything!!!! Seriously when you walk in take your time and browse you'll be back for more!

AgentC
08-21-2012, 07:10 AM
Me too!

I haven't had a bad thing there. I really like the macaroons. My husband loves the napoleons. My son goes for the cheesecake and my daughter's favorite is the huge cookies or the chocolate cake. The creme brulee is really good too.

Imalismom
08-21-2012, 07:51 AM
So, this is what we must have overheard when we were on the segway tour - they were talking about all they needed was the sign-off - they knew they "had" it, it just had not been officially signed off..

AllDisney
08-21-2012, 06:54 PM
We are going in less than 2 weeks. We love this place and can't wait to stop in during our visit:cloud9:

Kairi_7378
08-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Everything!!!! Seriously when you walk in take your time and browse you'll be back for more!

Yeah! I am excited about this. My great grandma was born in France. DS has been really excited by looking at photos of the goodies :mickey:

MinnieMommie
08-26-2012, 11:11 AM
The announcement that the Boulangerie Patisserie is staying open during this rebuild really made my day yesterday.

This is making my day too! Such good news that BB will be open during my families October trip. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
08-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Yeah! I am excited about this. My great grandma was born in France. DS has been really excited by looking at photos of the goodies :mickey:

My great aunt was born in Paris and my daughter Lily is her namesake. The photos don't do the goodies justice. While we all have our favorites I can attest (from tasting) that everything they offer is delish! :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
08-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Me too!

Ham and Swiss croissant and chocolate mousse are my favorites!

mudpuppysmom
08-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Oh, THANK GOODNESS it will still be open!! This is a tradition for my son and I for the past 10 years!!! We always get pastries and sit outside and enjoy our "lunch!" ....it's the one day we eat really badly the whole trip!!!

Pally
08-30-2012, 10:01 PM
You can't use "eat badly" in the same sentence as Boulangerie. Delectable, delicious, delightful, decadent but never "badly". HaHa:mickey: