PDA

View Full Version : When does Christmas start at WDW?

princessgirls
08-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Ahhhh...the age old question...

When does Christmas start at WDW.

If I am there mid-November do I have a shot at the Castle being all lit up?

I know I will miss the Candlelight Processional, but what about the Osbourne lights?

Thinking about November 15-22 coming home late on Thanksgiving. The airfare was outrageous coming home any other day of the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Double...

Was hoping to see the Osbourne lights and Castle. They are my favorites!!!

Thanks for any input!

Julie:mickey:

eam
08-07-2012, 10:55 PM
I know the Osborne lights start on November 9 this year so you will be in luck. Also, many of the decorations will be up by then, so you will have lots to enjoy. (I'm pretty sure the gingerbread house at the GF should be finoshed by then, as well)
Have fun, and enjoy!!

Pirate Granny
08-07-2012, 11:42 PM
They will be having the Xmas parties by then...but alas, no Xmas tree in the MK at that time. :confused:

Melanie
08-08-2012, 12:10 AM
You'll start seeing things go up in the few days after Halloween. It's kinda crazy. ;)

They will be having the Xmas parties by then...but alas, no Xmas tree in the MK at that time. :confused:

This is because they can't put it up until after the Christmas Parade taping for ABC, which is normally the first weekend of December. It blocks the view down Main Street from the Train Station.

civilmousefan
08-08-2012, 09:18 AM
12:00 A.M. December 25th
:D

princessgirls
08-09-2012, 01:20 PM
We went in early December 2009, and there was NO tree in the Magic Kingdom for the first part of our trip, it was up in all it's glory our last day in the MK. Our first day in WDW was the parade taping that year. It rained, so they had to postpone it until Sunday anyway.

They still have a good amount of decorations, and trees in all of the other parks and resorts.

azcavalier
08-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Sweet! Love Christmastime at WDW...even if we'll be there before Thanksgiving. Love the decorations, but mostly I love the Epcot BGM.

Lizzie
08-10-2012, 04:33 PM
When do the Christmas parties start?

Lindsey310
08-10-2012, 05:01 PM
We were there December 1-10 2011 and everything was obviously in full swing. The Christmas abc special was taped dec 2 or 3. Love this time of year. The Osborne lights are so spectacular I have never seen anything like it: AMAZING!!!!!!!!! :party:

missastrocat
08-10-2012, 05:56 PM
I'd also love to know when the lights on the castle go up. The castle is already beautiful but I love seeing all the sparkly lights!

buzznwoodysmom
08-10-2012, 06:20 PM
We have visited for Thanksgiving a few times and by the end of that week pretty much everything is up, except for the MK tree. As stated above the MK tree goes up after the parade tapeing. At the beginning of the trip some of the resorts aren't fully decorated, and in the past Epcot hasn't started it's holiday celebrations till the day after Thanksgiving. Other than that everything else was up at the beginning of the week.

I think the castle lights probably start the same time as the first Christmas party, which is early November. Pretty much as soon as Halloween comes down.

Lizzie
08-10-2012, 09:24 PM
When does the holiday fireworks start?

princessgirls
08-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks everyone!!!

I appreciate all of the feedback!!!

buzznwoodysmom
08-11-2012, 12:21 AM
When does the holiday fireworks start?

The holiday fireworks are only during MVMCP up until the week of Christmas. At that time the holiday fireworks will be held each night through New Year's, I think.